A couple of DIAD function questions

Z

ZQXC

On diad 5 if you remove the battery cover (doing nothing else inside) and then replace it, the diad will do an unexpected restart.

DiadDude

On diad 5 if you remove the battery cover (doing nothing else inside) and then replace it, the diad will do an unexpected restart.
Is there a logical reason to restart the DIAD this way instead of simply using the reset button?

Z

ZQXC

Is there a logical reason to restart the DIAD this way instead of simply using the reset button?

The restart was an unexpected result, not an intended one.
If my objective had been to force a restart I would have initiated that from the recessed pin switch on the front keypad. I was simply pointing out that if the battery cover is removed, a restart will occur.

aiian

I wish they would do away with the note system altogether. Only reason I would think they're necessary are for ate codes but half of them are outdated anyway.

Also, I would love if we could tell whether a stop is a NO DR stop from the EDD screen or at least before I hide the package back behind a planter or over a gate and make it half way back to the PC.

JL 0513

I wish they would do away with the note system altogether. Only reason I would think they're necessary are for ate codes but half of them are outdated anyway.

Also, I would love if we could tell whether a stop is a NO DR stop from the EDD screen or at least before I hide the package back behind a planter or over a gate and make it half way back to the PC.

Exactly. The system should know to put an "R" next to a no DR stop but it doesn't. I hate it when I'm walking away from a stop and hit stop complete and get the no DR prompt.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What do you do at that point? Do you go back, fill out an info notice and retrieve the pkg, or do you over ride the No DR and complete the stop?

Resident know-it-all.

Packmule

- How do you hold/bookmark a section of your EDD list?

I'm doing split routes now as a cover driver and often times the splits aren't loaded in a proper order. I often cover loops in 4-6 different towns a day and the splits are added in a scrappy manner. So I have to figure out the most efficient order and often have to deliver loops toward the bottom of the list early. So I'd love to hold my spot instead of scrolling all day.

- Also, how do you add notes to particular stops?

As a cover driver who constantly delivers to unfamiliar stops everyday, I come across weird stops that should have notes/special instructions for us cover drivers. Lot's of stops are tough to find or figure out because of a particular obscurity or irregular addressing issue. I wouldn't mind adding notes to help the next poor cover guy.
Left arrow to lock in a segment of the days deliveries.
As for notes, screw the regular driver. If there are legit things cover drivers need to know it is regular drivers job to get them in notes. Here, this has to be done by providing info to mgt.

Packmule

Btw, I am a regular driver and I pile on the notes as needed. Everything from "no turnaround" to "beware of dog" to gate codes. More info I provide, safer day another guy has. And the less problems I have to clean up when I come back.

Question regarding to the original post. Pressing left arrow to bookmark a new spot, the arrow is pointing down.
Is there a way for the bookmark(arrow) to point up? Sometime I do the route backward from the screen.
Instead of pressing left, up and left again.

(up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start) hehe.

The Driver

I drive.
Question regarding to the original post. Pressing left arrow to bookmark a new spot, the arrow is pointing down.
Is there a way for the bookmark(arrow) to point up? Sometime I do the route backward from the screen.

You are instructed to follow ORION 100%.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Up or down arrow doesn’t indicate which direction it goes. It indicates whether it is a bookmark, or whether you highlighted that stop using mapnav. You can’t go up automatically. Also if you do mapnav on a different stop from the “carrot,” mapnav overrides it and that is the stop it will navigate to when you put it in the cradle. To fix it you have to hit mapnav on the bookmarked stop.

tfinnegan

happy exupser
Just deliver it the way it is set in your board...You get paid by the hour and that s the way management has it set up in your board..They can't complain.

Sir-Lifts-A-Lot

I like big trucks and I can not lie...
DIAD Cheat Sheet

1597296086107.png

Last edited:
LOL. Thanks for all the replies.
(The Driver) Even the supervisor says, he sometime does it backward.
If you haven't noticed, Orion always have you deliver it on the left side.
Sure we get paid by the hour but at the same time I'm trying to make it easy for me.
We were late to get Orion for our center, maybe I'm used to deliver everything on the right side.

freehoodies

What do you do at that point? Do you go back, fill out an info notice and retrieve the pkg, or do you over ride the No DR and complete the stop?

Resident know-it-all.
Stop complete on the way up to the house. If you need to re-sheet it for something just resheet it(note on door says gone for a week hold packages or something).

Its what ive been doing. Someone told me to pre-rec but i only do that if i need to ask them about something, like if there is no number on the house and im not sure its theirs.

Not sure how bad this is, but im not leaving sig-req packages or anything bad, just stop completing a couple seconds early