A fellow Driver's Life turned upside down

hj2001

Last Friday evening a driver in are center , while on his own time around midnight , ran a stopsign and in the process hit a oncoming car and took the life of an 18 yr old girl. He has been charged with DUI and aggravated vehicular homicide charges are pending. This is quite a tragedy in this small rural community it happened in . Dont quite Know what else to say........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Re: A fellow Driver ' s Life turned upside down

This is a tragic story, for the loss of life of an innocent person and the fact that another UPSer who knew better did something so careless. We are trained to drive in the safest manner. Why somebody whose job depends on having a Driver's License would do this I don't understand. I drink occasionally, but I don't get behind the wheel after. If you are a driver or are thinking of ever going for the job, think before you drink. Its time to give up the bar scene and partying and taking stupid chances driving home. If I am at a social event where adult beverages are involved, I let my wife who doesn't drink drive us home.

No Talent Clown

Thoughts and prayers go out to the young girl's family.....Ever since I've been in this job and known the requirements necessary of a driver or anyone with a DOT, I'm paranoid to drink and drive. It helps that my gf lost 2 cousins at a young age to a drunk driver. Its an awakening when it happens.

S

speeddemon

Last Friday evening a driver in are center , while on his own time around midnight , ran a stopsign and in the process hit a oncoming car and took the life of an 18 yr old girl. He has been charged with DUI and aggravated vehicular homicide charges are pending. This is quite a tragedy in this small rural community it happened in . Dont quite Know what else to say........

I am truly sorry for your friend and the young lady who lost her life, but you CANNOT drink and drive. It will only cause you misery.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

You are lucky to have a built in DD

I married one.....

The bar down the street from where I work went out of business. because of the laws. I dont even feel safe having one and driving home. If a deer jumps on my hood it will be my fault.

It is a sad situation, I may have driven when I shouldnt have, back when it wasnt a big deal, For those that dont know there was a time where it wasnt. But to be truly impaired, enough to run a stop sign and kill someone, yes thats a bad thing. Although I see people run stop signs and lights when on their cell phone, thats just as bad.

My thoughts and prayers with the driver and his victim. Im sure he and the victims family wish they could do it all over again.

over9five

Staff member

Sorry for not being nice or pc, but......

I hope he rots in Hell for killing that young girl.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Im sure he will, if not in jail, he has to live with it. Mostly I am sorry for the innocent life also.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor

Sorry for not being nice or pc, but......

I hope he rots in Hell for killing that young girl.

if he drunk for fun then **** him, but if he was going through some tough times and then got drunk because it, then may the lord have mercy on him.

over9five

Staff member

So it's alright to kill someone if you are going thru tough times???

Gotta disagree.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor

never said it was ok. i just feel sorry for these couldn't deal with their own troubles.

ups_vette

I guess it's safe to say that over9five isn't AMISH. By the way, I'm not AMISH either and I also hope he rots in Hell for taking that young innocent life.

diadlover

It seems that the only suvivors of these accidents are the drunks themselves. This scenario is one of the reasons I will always be an atheist until I can be proven wrong without "fairy tales".

teamsterdan

just asking........is it not generally accepted historical fact that "a man" named jesus walked the earth...............(WAS a union carpenter; NOW a union landscaper)..........see "him" all over my 'hood......

Last edited:

hoser

Industrial Slob

if he drunk for fun then **** him, but if he was going through some tough times and then got drunk because it, then may the lord have mercy on him.
what's wrong with getting drunk for fun? it's great after a long week, especially a week at brown.

It seems that the only suvivors of these accidents are the drunks themselves. This scenario is one of the reasons I will always be an atheist until I can be proven wrong without "fairy tales".
i'd say it's more of an issue of physics than of whether or not there are higher beings; drunk drivers tend to strike vehicles at their most vunerable points and tend to drive a lot faster than the object they are hitting.

it's not wrong. it's life.

Last edited:

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor

what's wrong with getting drunk for fun? it's great after a long week, especially a week at brown.

i have no pity for those who gets drunk and can't control their own actions. by drunk i don't mean a beer or two either........

moreluck

golden ticket member
Originally Posted by hoser

It's not the drinking, but the devastating decision to drive afterwards. The effects are always thrown upon the innocent drivers out there. The drunk usually lives through the wreck.

There is tremendous awareness today, thanks to law enforcement and M.A.D.D. and other groups, so no one should be so stupid as to drink and drive. The problem is usually the drunk thinks he's OK to drive........ I don't feel sorry for any DUI's out there.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
"don't know what else to say" How about not saying anything at all this thread and post are completely useless. Tragedies are common and unfortunate but do we all really need another PSA on the subject of drinking and driving? A driver recently lost his wife to breast cancer another had his house burn down, also police showed up to the hub to arrest a driver for alleged battrey of spouse ...... and what is the point of putting all that out in cyber space? Sometimes a major calamity while on the job makes headlines and maybe news worthy but adverstiy on personal time is all too common and just because it was a UPS worker do not make it desirable to post. We all KNOW drinking and driving are wrong and death at the hands of a drunk is horrible, of what use is it to hear " no one should be so stupid as to drink and drive" or" i have no pity for those who get drunk and...." Really how smart how thoughtful " I let my wife drive..." I would have never thought of that.. oh what ever

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I believe that the point of the original poster was to relay a tragic event in the hopes that the message will perhaps prevent a simular event from occurring. This thread is not "completely useless", it may not mean anything to you, but it may make a difference to someone else.