A friend of mine

Oceanview

Is your friend a FT driver? If so then there are 3 ways he can get on the 9.5 list.
View attachment 234994

Sounds like to me your friend falls under #2. He is doing a route for the whole week and then is being moved so that he can not get on 9.5

@Wrong brought up a good point. If it's a lower seniority person tell him to fight it.

Thank you, i actually sent that same article to him. I called a couple other drivers and they informed me that he can’t get on 9.5 but the way I read it, to me it sounds like #2 definitely applies to him. Imma text my guy rn(right now) and tell him to call the steward now otherwise when he gets back to hub he can’t get on the list. Thank you sir for the reassurance.

542thruNthru

Thank you, i actually sent that same article to him. I called a couple other drivers and they informed me that he can’t get on 9.5 but the way I read it, to me it sounds like #2 definitely applies to him. Imma text my guy rn(right now) and tell him to call the steward now otherwise when he gets back to hub he can’t get on the list. Thank you sir for the reassurance.

How do you guys assign routes during the week? Do you bid open routes weekly? Do they always assign them by seniority? How does it work?

Oceanview

How do you guys assign routes during the week? Do you bid open routes weekly? Do they always assign them by seniority? How does it work?

They send a text around 7am every morning telling you what route you will be on. You reply confirm and then you show up to work.. I don’t reply at all I just show up at the time it says on the schedule. So I’ll be there at 8:40 and they would try to tell me I don’t get paid til 9. I always grieve it and win. None of the other new drivers I work with have a spine.

Attachments

• A66D8854-B9E6-43E3-9BE3-C2482A4B018D.jpeg
    A66D8854-B9E6-43E3-9BE3-C2482A4B018D.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 171

542thruNthru

They send a text around 7am every morning telling you what route you will be on. You reply confirm and then you show up to work.. I don’t reply at all I just show up at the time it says on the schedule. So I’ll be there at 8:40 and they would try to tell me I don’t get paid til 9. I always grieve it and win. None of the other new drivers I work with have a spine.

What does your supplement say about assigning routes? This will come into play if he is trying to fight to get on the 9.5 list.

I highly doubt your contract says "you will get a call at 7am everyday" :)

542thruNthru

From the quick look I took. It seems it's all based on seniority. It's going to come down to does he have more seniority then the person they switch him with every Friday.