Overallowance and harassment

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I got pulled into the office today with another driver. There was also a steward present. Our manager told me and the other driver that we were running over. I explained to my manager that the route I’m on has gotten heavier due to route cuts and I’m also now covering a bigger area but he shook his head and replied with “there’s something else going on.”

The steward pulled me aside and said that they’ve already started following drivers around and firing them for petty reasons like walking out of a store with a cup of coffee that someone gave them. He said that if they follow me chances are they’ll find some reason to fire me. He also explained that they’re doing this in large part because of the new contract and wanting to get rid of drivers.

I’m not slacking off on my route and I’m honestly surprised that I run over considering I’m running 200 stops a day plus pickups and still making it back with time to spare. However, if I get followed they might catch me doing something wrong even though I try my best to follow the methods. Sure I might not honk my horn at literally every stop but everyone does something that could count against them. It’s just stupid because I’m out there working hard running an over dispatched route every day and they’re acting like I’m a villain.

I’m just going to try to stay on Ps and Qs. If they want to spy on me and hope to catch me doing something then at this point that reflects more poorly on them because I’ve tried to explain how dispatch could fix the route but it’s gotten even worse. What can I do?
Same old same old. The Wheel of Management this week landed on overplan.

They will OJS you. Be prepared, work at the normal pace, don't allow them to rush you. They try stuff like walking at breakneck speed, trying to rush you, don't fall for it, let them move way ahead.

Take all breaks, cut no corners from start time to finish. Keep telling yourself to slow down.

Same old same old. The Wheel of Management this week landed on overplan.

They will OJS you. Be prepared, work at the normal pace, don't allow them to rush you. They try stuff like walking at breakneck speed, trying to rush you, don't fall for it, let them move way ahead.

Take all breaks, cut no corners from start time to finish. Keep telling yourself to slow down.
Jack rabbiting

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Some of our fellow teamsters are stupid AF...who would do that in 2024??? Same with some of these mgt trying to hide this or that?? There are people who are watching them also...so whatever.
Management knows.
I know they know.

It makes their numbers better, and they'll look the other way until it's a problem.
Then they'll be outraged and shocked, and fire them.

Standard operating procedure.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The best way to do this job is working as if there’s a supervisor sitting next to you all day.

Management knows.
I know they know.

It makes their numbers better, and they'll look the other way until it's a problem.
Then they'll be outraged and shocked, and fire them.

Standard operating procedure.
Been like that forever...usually they get enough rope to hang themselves...eventually

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I’m just going to follow the methods to a T. I’m not going to bother talking to the dispatcher or anyone in management. It’s useless. If they want to get me for some bs then whatever. I actually didn’t sign up for the 9.5 list this year but filing just seems to lead to more harassment. I’ll just assume I’m being followed at all times. There’s nothing more I can do really.
Wear tennis knee straps and walk slower

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
We have guys who sheet air in the building.

They run a hell of a lot of bonus. Bet I make more in 25 years than they will in the 3 till they get caught and fired, though.
who-cares-i-dont-care.gif

Get a Class A and get lost in CACH