A Good Peak Season Memory?

S

serenity now

Not that it's any of your concern, but there are bushes by the front door which work well to hide packages from the road. If this option were not available I most certainly would have used the garage.

would this response have worked just as well without the highlighted section?
it's Christmas..........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

would this response have worked just as well without the highlighted section?
it's Christmas..........

...if it were anyone other than my personal stalker (and co-worker) I would agree with you...this guy is like that bit of dog crap that you just can't seem to scrape off of your boots...it stays with you wherever you go...

upsman68

I had a customer yell at me this afternoon while making a residential delivery. He was upset that I blew the horn and that I delivered the packages to his front door. He explained that his 6 year old daughter has been watching for the UPS truck to drive by. The packages had no markings on the outside, I had no idea he had a 6 year old daughter and blew the horn and DR'd them per the methods. I did not apologize but instead suggested that he ask the shipper to add "Please put in garage" next time and wished him a nice day.

"You're a mean one Mr. Grinch. "

What'dyabringmetoday???

...if it were anyone other than my personal stalker (and co-worker) I would agree with you...this guy is like that bit of dog crap that you just can't seem to scrape off of your boots...it stays with you wherever you go...
It really is funny to see how defensive you can get. You are allowed to weigh in on almost every subject, respond to others as if you are above them, occasionally berate posters if their views do not match yours, but when someone tries to set you straight it is a different story. I stand by what I said- had another poster said that they left the package at the front door(bushes or not) when there was a garage available, you would have jumped on your soapbox. You can pretend on the brown cafe all you want. You also get what you deserve here.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Not that it's any of your concern, but there are bushes by the front door which work well to hide packages from the road. If this option were not available I most certainly would have used the garage.
Seems like the garage is still the better bet. I know how hard it is for you to accept being wrong. In this case you are. Sorry.

OptimusPrime

Newish driver. 8-9 months. Fellow driver gave me some sage advice the other day. If you step in dog crap, just use the customers porch to scrape it off. Do that a few times and you will be surprised at how quickly they clean up their yard. Haven't had the stones to try it yet. But sounded like solid advice.

U

uber

I've never heard of dog crap that just won't scrape off of boots. Sounds like a personal problem.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is a really old, peak season memory from Utah.

I can't remember Bob's position, but center manager or dm. It was Christmas Eve, packages still in the bldg. and getting late. He came home with 6 or 7 packages addressed to residences all near our home. The kids were little, we all had Santa hats and we delivered those packages to the familes in time for Christmas. It was fun playing Santa and also letting the kids see why Daddy is so late all the time.

This is a really old, peak season memory from Utah.

I can't remember Bob's position, but center manager or dm. It was Christmas Eve, packages still in the bldg. and getting late. He came home with 6 or 7 packages addressed to residences all near our home. The kids were little, we all had Santa hats and we delivered those packages to the familes in time for Christmas. It was fun playing Santa and also letting the kids see why Daddy is so late all the time.
Moreluck...thanks for getting back on subject..."A GOOD Peak Season Memory". For all the members who want to talk about dog crap...start your own thread about bad peak season memories(That is if your not too lazy to do so!)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Several peaks back I was delivering late into the evening.
The weather was terrible and I was feeling quite sorry for myself.
As I approached an apartment delivery, I noticed the package was from a military base.
As the lady who answered the door was signing, I inquired as to whether the package was from a soldier.
She explained that it was indeed, that it was her husbands last civilian articles as he was recently deployed to Iraq.
Upon hearing this I asked her to tell her husband "thank you for his service" from the UPS man.
She took a step back to the laptop on the coffee table and turned it towards me and said, "tell him yourself".
He was on Skype at that very moment.
That really put things into perspective for me and I often reflect on it when I think I'm having a bad day at work, peak or not.

packageguy

Went to a customers house, with a signature required package, I beep, ring and knock and annouce UPS, Guys screaming out the window, I'm in the ****ter, give me 5 minutes I said no you have 3 minutes and wash your hands......

FuzeBox

Yes! I do have such a memory. It's from this morning.

Upon arrival I'd walked just past management exiting their morning briefing and I was in earshot long enough to hear that our facility broke volume records yesterday and would again today. The smile came when Bigwig #2 says to Bigwig #1, "We're going to hit 60K today... let's make sure THEY don't know that" as they stood over the rail overlooking all of preload.

Several peaks back I was delivering late into the evening.
The weather was terrible and I was feeling quite sorry for myself.
As I approached an apartment delivery, I noticed the package was from a military base.
As the lady who answered the door was signing, I inquired as to whether the package was from a soldier.
She explained that it was indeed, that it was her husbands last civilian articles as he was recently deployed to Iraq.
Upon hearing this I asked her to tell her husband "thank you for his service" from the UPS man.
She took a step back to the laptop on the coffee table and turned it towards me and said, "tell him yourself".
He was on Skype at that very moment.
That really put things into perspective for me and I often reflect on it when I think I'm having a bad day at work, peak or not.
What a wonderful good peak season memory!!!!!!!!! One that you will always remember. Thanks for sharing your memory.

wayfair

swollen member
a lady on my route, retired, looks like she's on disability, comes to the door with a walker, lives in sec 8(really bad area), told me a month ago that she left her apt for the third time this year... she orders QVC and HSN all the time... anyways, I delivered to her a couple days ago and she handed me decorated box.. thanking me... it was some trail mix...

a VV I deliver to, gets his meds every week or so... hands me an envelope containing a five dollar bill folded up origami style

today I was running on fumes... friggin tired and beat, car parts manager gave me an energy drink....

little things like that make peak a good memory

U

uber

I got some baked goods from a hippie grandma on the route I'm doing.

Oh, and a guy at a business on my route that makes hats gave me an Oregon Ducks hat, invited me to a BBQ and lets me have some of the Voodoo donuts he gets every Friday morning.

Those are memories.

Not petty little arguments about whether to set a package in a garage, or the bushes.