A little help please

moreluck

golden ticket member
Love my '99 Blazer (bright red) with less than 12.000 miles on it. It's like new.

Love his '04 Tahoe.....our main vehicle. Hauls anything we need to haul.....including hauling ass to Vegas.

Love my '05 Mini-Cooper (purple mist) just a fun car to drive.

kingOFchester

Re: Buy american hahahahhahaha

No offense, but the only time i've had problems with vehicles is when the operator (myself) did sometime to cause it. And if u have a history of cars giving u troubles, maybe its not the cars?
No offense at all!! we are all here to share and take what we want from the topics at hand.
However, you have to look at the whole picture. If, and I did say if, it was driver caused...then logicly i would of had trouble with my Rice burners too. Here is my list of cars scale 1-10 10 being best:

Oldsmoblie omega. Bought used 4
Nissan Sentra. Bought used 8
Chevrolet Camaro Bought used 2
Ford mustang bought used 6
Ford f150 bought used 5
Ford explorer new 7
Caddilac el used eldorado 7
Buick lasare used 5
Toyota 4 runner 8
Honda accord new 9
toyota 1 new 9
toyota 2 new 9
Ford f250 new 6

Further more and MOST importantly take a look at consumer reports and other institutions reviews. You will see that the imports, for the most part, are superior to american.

Pollocknbrown

No offense at all!! we are all here to share and take what we want from the topics at hand.
However, you have to look at the whole picture. If, and I did say if, it was driver caused...then logicly i would of had trouble with my Rice burners too. Here is my list of cars scale 1-10 10 being best:

Oldsmoblie omega. Bought used 4
Nissan Sentra. Bought used 8
Chevrolet Camaro Bought used 2
Ford mustang bought used 6
Ford f150 bought used 5
Ford explorer new 7
Caddilac el used eldorado 7
Buick lasare used 5
Toyota 4 runner 8
Honda accord new 9
toyota 1 new 9
toyota 2 new 9
Ford f250 new 6

Further more and MOST importantly take a look at consumer reports and other institutions reviews. You will see that the imports, for the most part, are superior to american.

Ha ha consumer reports is a joke to me, when they say that they dont recommend the old Jeep wranglers (the old body style from the 70s 80s 90s and early 2000s), that is a complete joke my friends who own them beat the heck out of them and they keep running so i completely disregard them for rating stuff, and not to mention people usually only give feedback for stuff like that when sometime goes wrong so its generally gonna be biased. That and they never supported chevy's 4.3L V6, my dad has had one of those engines in all his vehicles since 88 in his work trucks, and i got one in my blazer as well and the only problem between the two of us was a bad spark plug for him and it wouldnt start right. So about....400K miles between 3 engines and that being the only problem, i think its a pretty good engine (my dad had over 200K on his 88 pickup when he got rid of it, has 130+ on his 2001, and i got 65K on my blazer.)

kingOFchester

and not to mention people usually only give feedback for stuff like that when sometime goes wrong so its generally gonna be biased.
But this would hold true for imports too.....when something goes wrong, they would give feedback. I have a friend who had a Corolla, had nothing but trouble. It isnt a sure bet either way, import or not, but satistcly speaking......ah nevermind. You are not wrong, and I am not wrong. Just diffrent beliefs, and I am fine with that......my fiance is a Dem and I am Republican and we get along just great!!
Take care1

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I'm not plugging Honda, I drive a Yukon XL, but aren't Hondas made in Ohio?

My Dad sells to the plant that MADE your truck, Grunt! I've seen the assembly line. INCREDIBLE!!! And yes, some--not all--Hondas are made in the States. I don't know where I'd find a list of what's made here and over there but there's a list out there. The Ohio location you're talking about is probably one of a couple.

No offense, but the only time i've had problems with vehicles is when the operator (myself) did sometime to cause it.

This is certainly true. I had a GREAT Olds that had 160K miles on it and I put a new trans in it. The only thing that could kill it was yours truly colliding with another object....-Rocky

Pollocknbrown

But this would hold true for imports too.....when something goes wrong, they would give feedback. I have a friend who had a Corolla, had nothing but trouble. It isnt a sure bet either way, import or not, but satistcly speaking......ah nevermind. You are not wrong, and I am not wrong. Just diffrent beliefs, and I am fine with that......my fiance is a Dem and I am Republican and we get along just great!!
Take care1

ill drink to that, sorry, when people say american cars suck i take it a lil personally (uncle worked for GM)

huskres

Do yall realize how many of the cars are made in Canada and Mexico? Also Chrysler was owned by a German company but now they only control 20% of it. Look and see how many Toyota employs at their factories across America.

local804

Yes, assembled in America parts made in over there.
Ford=Jaguar,volvo,mazda ect ect
Gm= hummer-saab-Saturn ect...

look at the sticker on a import car
shows it all

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The automobile industry is truly a global industry, no doubt. American makes are built in Canada and Mexico, as well as other places. And there are a lot of Japanese cars built in the U.S. You just have to think of it as where do the profits go? I have always thought it was interesting how some of my fellow union workers talk about how important it is to support the Teamsters, but when I go to a meeting at my Local, there are foreign cars in the parking lot. I will admit I am a little prejudiced on this matter, as my brother is an "overpaid union worker" at GM. I don't blame the assembly line workers for some of the crappy cars from the Big Three, they are just "working as directed". I understand the high labor costs, but I don't understand how the domestic corporate world in the automotive industry has sat back for decades and allowed the overseas makers to take away so much of their market share.

The American companies are starting to do better. According to my latest issue of "Consumer Reports", the top three in order are Honda, Subaru, then Toyota. (Toyota has slipped because of problems with the new V6 Camry and V8 4x4 Tundra). Ford has greatly improved. Ninety-three per cent of their models now rate average or better in predicted reliability. This is compared to 49% for GM and 67% for Chrysler. I have never bought a Ford until I bought an XLT Escape for my wife a couple of days ago. It was built in St. Louis.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I will admit I am a little prejudiced on this matter, as my brother is an "overpaid union worker" at GM. I don't blame the assembly line workers for some of the crappy cars from the Big Three, they are just "working as directed". I understand the high labor costs, but I don't understand how the domestic corporate world in the automotive industry has sat back for decades and allowed the overseas makers to take away so much of their market share.

I, too, am a little prejudiced in favor of the American automakers. My father has sold parts to their plants for almost 20 years. He makes a great living, yet professes to hate unions. Kind of strange, isn't it? :confused:1

The automotive workers my father has met--and introduced me to--have told him NOBODY saw the import manufacturers making important gains until it was too late. I guess its something like blinded by success. Now....we're playing catch-up. I've posted before about being in grad school. I read an article not long ago in one of those classes about how the United States is in serious jeopardy of losing its crown of being highly innovative for a variety of reasons. Sad, really. I'll let this thread get back on topic....-Rocky