A Question about Supervision

360waves

I was wondering if i wanted to inquire about a professional job @ UPS in another state, will they allow me to apply? I graduate in a year with a B.S. in Business Administration and there are currently no positions at my hub, and i see plenty in other cities that i would consider moving to.

I don`t see why not, There should be some openings as we`re always getting new supervisors that are well qualified in BS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was wondering if i wanted to inquire about a professional job @ UPS in another state, will they allow me to apply? I graduate in a year with a B.S. in Business Administration and there are currently no positions at my hub, and i see plenty in other cities that i would consider moving to.

It's been done in the past.
If the position precludes this option, it will normally have that noted.
Put your app in and see.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes.

BrownSuit

If you are just looking for a promotion/advanced position, the job description at UPSjobs would have to indicate that relocation was covered.

If there were family changes, or schooling that required re-location, it would be likely that you would be able to receive a comparable job at another UPS facility, but it is generally not with added responsibilities or pay.

I gathered from your post that you are presently in operations? Perhaps a driver? If that's the case and there are no supervisor positions that open up after the first quarter, you may want to consider looking into BD as that would likely be your best bet to move around at a later date.

It would likely take quite a bit longer in operations to do the same thing.