A sad conversation with my helper today...

Marne Vet

A good person with a good heart should get great pleasure of helping someone. If thats the type of person you are, there shouldnt be a second thought about it. It should come to ya in a blink of an eye. That means you get what lifes about. No games, no BS, just the realness of the person you are. I had a customer tell me today he had stage 4 lung cancer. And to be totally honest its been tearing me up all day with sadness. Just sucks cause hes just a good, good human being. You hate to see good people suffer. Ive hung out with him on numerous occasions and his daughter is friends with my wife. So its hitting a lil bit closer to home.

Lost a customer to cancer that used to break my balls over being an Eagles fan. Every Monday he would crush me if his Cowgirls won, and my Eagles lost. I miss those Monday morning burn-fests. Good guy. Taken way too young. Had another one drop dead with a heart attack. Same thing. Great ball breaker. Always told me I was slower than a sleeping FedEx guy. He was probably right! Coolest dude ever. Sucks getting old.

FilingBluesFL

I had a customer tell me today he had stage 4 lung cancer. And to be totally honest its been tearing me up all day with sadness. Just sucks cause hes just a good, good human being. You hate to see good people suffer. Ive hung out with him on numerous occasions and his daughter is friends with my wife. So its hitting a lil bit closer to home.

Doing this deal we're gonna see a lot of people come and go, bro.

One of my favorite customers from back when I started, her husband is suffering from Alzheimers, and has been for quite a while.

He's got a lot of photos in his office from when he was in the Army Air Force back in WWII.

He's been through all that crap, and then to see him have his own body go out on him blows hard.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I had a customer tell me today he had stage 4 lung cancer. And to be totally honest its been tearing me up all day with sadness. Just sucks cause hes just a good, good human being. You hate to see good people suffer.

I had an awesome old man at an industrial stop (sched pickup too) who was always the nicest little old man you've ever met. He recently had a heart attack, then died from complications. It was really rough. Nicest guy.

phox1515

Hearing stories of your good doing makes me gain a little more faith in this world. I may not have the money to spare to give the homeless, but I have plenty of time to help out on the weekends and have literally spent about 30 hours searching for ways to volunteer my free time. I helped box food at a food distribution thing for catholic charities on Sat, over 7000 boxes of food were made, for about 950 families. I'm registered with the red cross as a disaster volunteer (I helped out with the CO floods this year for 3.5 weeks), got an interview to be a zoo docent this wed, if I get it I start in Jan and this Sat I'm helping out at another food distribution thing. If I'm not volunteering i'm either taking care of business or i'm playing on my computer. the first is a good use but not occurring often, the second is a waste of time so I try to find better ways to use it.

You don't need money to make the world a better place. random fact about me, I completed over 2100 hours of volunteer service between Feb 5, 2013 and Nov 14th, 2013, I technically wasn't paid although this was a sort of job (Americorps NCCC), although I did get a living stipend of $160 every 2 weeks but I helped a lot of people and gained valuable exp to put on my resume.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lost a customer to cancer that used to break my balls over being an Eagles fan. Every Monday he would crush me if his Cowgirls won, and my Eagles lost. I miss those Monday morning burn-fests. Good guy. Taken way too young. Had another one drop dead with a heart attack. Same thing. Great ball breaker. Always told me I was slower than a sleeping FedEx guy. He was probably right! Coolest dude ever. Sucks getting old.
I delivered to the same little town for 25 of my 30 years. I got to know everyone in town (their kids and pets also) so I know what it means to lose a good customer/friend to an early death. Those ones who you could give :censored2: to and they would give it right back were the most valued. They would do anything for you. I had one give me his pickup truck for a couple of hours one day while I waited for a replacement truck to be brought to me because mine was broke down. I couldn't begin to count the number of times one of them gave me a little push or pull when I got stuck during a snow storm.

FilingBluesFL

Someone who needs money. There is show called hardcore pawn. Lots of wedding rings being pawned.

That is the WORST show ever!

Makes black people look like nothing but terrible, obnoxious, loud mouthed people that want to get one over on "the man."

I don't know how Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have missed the opportunity to decry that "Blacksploitation."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Makes black people look like nothing but terrible, obnoxious, loud mouthed people that want to get one over on "the man."

I don't know how Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have missed the opportunity to decry that "Blacksploitation."

There are plenty of white people on that show who are also terrible, obnoxious and loud mouthed.

Returntosender

The episodes I seen the crazy must be scripted.