A True Cluster

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
quote="CJinx, post: 1243106, member: 37078"]I'm more amazed that on any given day, about half of the most recently active threads on this forum are started by him. For a guy that dislikes the company so much, he certainly spends a lot of his free time thinking and posting about it.[/quote]And yet you always read them all.
perhaps it gives him meaning.
Perhaps it gives you something to relieve your boredom.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm more amazed that on any given day, about half of the most recently active threads on this forum are started by him. For a guy that dislikes the company so much, he certainly spends a lot of his free time thinking and posting about it.

I'm amazed that you are so clueless. Peak is always a cluster at FedEx. This Peak makes the rest of them look like nothing in comparison. And yes, I really do dislike FedEx. Kudos for being so astute.

CJinx

I'm amazed that you are so clueless. Peak is always a cluster at FedEx. This Peak makes the rest of them look like nothing in comparison. And yes, I really do dislike FedEx. Kudos for being so astute.
Peak is crazy, there is no denying that. While we might not get everything delivered on time, we've already delivered the vast majority early and I'm certain that we'll have significantly more happy customers than unhappy customers. I can live with that.
And yet you always read them all.
They're entertaining. It's like going to court; no fun when it happens to you, but watching others do it is always worth a laugh.

bbsam

Staff member
We at Ground really don't understand. We are handling our peak extremely well and even little jerk Timmy will get his present by the end of the day today. Perhaps you need Ground management /contractors to step in and show you how it's done.

MAKAVELI

We at Ground really don't understand. We are handling our peak extremely well and even little jerk Timmy will get his present by the end of the day today. Perhaps you need Ground management /contractors to step in and show you how it's done.

I think you still don't get it it. The problems at Express are systemic. It starts at the top in Memphis. So if you think you can do do a better job you need to take that up with the old man himself. Good luck with that. This peak truly has been amazing watching management run around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. :D

bbsam

Staff member
I already said we don't understand. And I pointed out earlier that your business model is stupid and self-defeating. I think upper management knows that and is using it to their advantage.

MAKAVELI

I already said we don't understand. And I pointed out earlier that your business model is stupid and self-defeating. I think upper management knows that and is using it to their advantage.

Yes I agree Fedex's business model is stupid. Including the ground model. They are cutting the nose off to spite the face by separating the opco and that is why UPS is superior for the long term.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes I agree Fedex's business model is stupid. Including the ground model. They are cutting the nose off to spite the face by separating the opco and that is why UPS is superior for the long term.
Trends in market share do not support that conclusion.

BoxDriver

Check the dates. I thought it was funny how many years MFE starts talking about a "cluster". When I brought these two threads back we had 3 threads from him in a row with "cluster" in the title. Couldn't resist, forgive me MFE!

It's starting to look like MFE uses the word cluster almost as often as Nick uses the phrase "in a New York minute"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
MFE is also fond of "FAIL".

While I believe MFE tends to exaggerate on occasion, as far as my station goes this Peak WAS an epic fail. Just left building with over 100 stops, left over 100 behind and there is freight everywhere NOT going on road. I would hate to be a CSA this week. Management has been in meetings every day ALL day for weeks. They should have solved the problem of world peace by now. Instead, they've been walking around with dazed looks on their faces as if this is their first Peak.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Perhaps you need Ground management /contractors to step in and show you how it's done.
The hourlies know how it should be done but with know-it-all upper management misguiding us we're of course sunk. Like stopsperhour said, take it up with the old man himself. But (ha!) good luck with that. Comprende?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
While I believe MFE tends to exaggerate on occasion, as far as my station goes this Peak WAS an epic fail. Just left building with over 100 stops, left over 100 behind and there is freight everywhere NOT going on road. I would hate to be a CSA this week.

This Peak is an epic Cluster Fail. See, I used both words, so now everyone can slam me. Our station dumpster is overflowing with packages that needed to be destroyed, there are about a dozen AMJs that won't even get touched today, and we will be delivering Xmas packages until New Years. How is that not a total FAIL to the customers and employees of this craphole? I'm sitting here (Code 43) waiting on another CTV to show up, which will create another sort, and which will result in an even bigger backlog of undelivered freight.

As SPH said, the problems are systemic, and the vast majority of the blame can be placed squarely on Memphis. They have decimated the workforce, introduced DRA, and implemented some incredibly stupid work rules, all the while doing everything possible to put employees in the poorhouse. That's certainly a recipe for success.

bbsam

Staff member
This Peak is an epic Cluster Fail. See, I used both words, so now everyone can slam me. Our station dumpster is overflowing with packages that needed to be destroyed, there are about a dozen AMJs that won't even get touched today, and we will be delivering Xmas packages until New Years. How is that not a total FAIL to the customers and employees of this craphole? I'm sitting here (Code 43) waiting on another CTV to show up, which will create another sort, and which will result in an even bigger backlog of undelivered freight.

As SPH said, the problems are systemic, and the vast majority of the blame can be placed squarely on Memphis. They have decimated the workforce, introduced DRA, and implemented some incredibly stupid work rules, all the while doing everything possible to put employees in the poorhouse. That's certainly a recipe for success.
The problems are not problems if they want Express to fail. Comprende?

hypo hanna

We at Ground really don't understand. We are handling our peak extremely well and even little jerk Timmy will get his present by the end of the day today. Perhaps you need Ground management /contractors to step in and show your manarement team how it's done.
Fixed that for you.

It is not the express hourly that has dropped the ball here.