A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

It will be fine

Teamsters just withdrew in PA. That's 7 of the last 8 that either voted no or the union backed out. Not looking good for the teamsters. Sounds like they need better salesmen.

fedex_rtd

How is volume over at FedEx Freight? I'm seeing a large jump in the amount of F2 and F3 flow through my location...I'm wondering if the corporation is shifting volume away from Freight to Express Freight in order to frighten the drivers into voting against the Teamsters.

MAKAVELI

Looks like things are really starting to heat up at Freight. Fred S and his goons are pulling every trick out of the union busting handbook.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Teamsters just withdrew in PA. That's 7 of the last 8 that either voted no or the union backed out. Not looking good for the teamsters. Sounds like they need better salesmen.
Hell they shouldn't need to be salesmen. I mean it's not rocket science that freight would be better off with representation.

MAKAVELI

Hell they shouldn't need to be salesmen. I mean it's not rocket science that freight would be better off with representation.
No doubt but you'd be surprised how many FedEx employees fall for the "unions are bad" brainwashing. But reading that Facebook page, you understand what the employees are facing.

It will be fine

It seems the employees don't agree. Of course the teamsters should be salesmen. They are selling a service. A service not all employees want to pay for. It's not like teamster representation automatically gets you UPS compensation, sometimes it ends up less then what freight drivers are getting now and they have pay dues. That's why they need to sell their service better.

UPS4Life

Looks like things are really starting to heat up at Freight. Fred S and his goons are pulling every trick out of the union busting handbook.
I hope freight gets unionized but it's going to take more than a Facebook page with 2,000 likes unfortunately. Like others said they just don't want represented.

MAKAVELI

I hope freight gets unionized but it's going to take more than a Facebook page with 2,000 likes unfortunately. Like others said they just don't want represented.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I wouldn't say that. 3 centers have voted for representation, these 2 in WV are waiting for a count of the votes, and the Stockton, CA center has just petitioned for a vote. It's all about momentum. If these 2 in WV vote yes it can really change the the momentum of this campaign.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So even without the RLA protection, Fred still wins.

Not always. Compared to the recent past, the growth of union activity has exploded. Fred and the BBQ Squad are losing the battle as more and more Freight employees realize what a crap company FedEx is. Please remember, the original companies that Fred bought-out were pretty decent. It didn't take long for the employees to learn to hate Express-style management techniques and the push for enhanced productivity.

Ever talk to a Freight driver who worked for one of the predecessor firms? They think FedEx sucks.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
No doubt but you'd be surprised how many FedEx employees fall for the "unions are bad" brainwashing. But reading that Facebook page, you understand what the employees are facing.
Stopsperhour is right on the money here with this comment I can't even begin to count how many times I've bumped into the FedEx freight guys on my route that have most certainly drank the fedex "kool aid" and are totally brainwashed against the union....and the funny thing is I always ask them why and their responses are always soo cookie cutter managerial b.s. Like "I don't need to pay dues if the company treats me right", I always tell them that I'm happy they are happy, but deep down I feel bad for all the rest of the struggling fedex freight guys that are fed up! It's the brainwashed guys that will always throw a wrench into organizing and it's super sad bc management will one day go "younger cheaper" and turn on them too!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
volume is up and has stayed up!
giphy (1).gif

xfdxgroundmgmt

beginning last friend/year freight broke back to back to back volume records. At my facility last friend/y we were putting between 340 to 420 in bills on the road. This friend/y we have been no less than 400 up to 560 bills on the road.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
beginning last friend/year freight broke back to back to back volume records. At my facility last friend/y we were putting between 340 to 420 in bills on the road. This friend/y we have been no less than 400 up to 560 bills on the road.

Yeah dude really your last two posts make absolutely no sense pertaining to the topic at hand here.....I award you NO POINTS, and may God have mercy on your soul

It will be fine

2 more losses in West Virginia. Not exactly the falling dominoes that were predicted. No RLA, no problem for Fred. When will the teamsters give up this time?

MAKAVELI

I don't think they should give up. They have 3 terminals and a possible 4th in Stockton. No one thought this would be a cake walk. CA is definitely a more union friendly state than most.

Brown Now

Funny thing is, if they did go union and you flash forward say 2-3 years once a good language contract was established. You probably wouldn't find one who would openly admit that he didn't want the union. They would be happy,there spouses would be happy etc. Many are young, many are naive and to be quite honest, many are just dumb.

We have quite a few ex FedEx Freight and Conway drivers at my hub. You hear about some of the BS those companies were pulling and you just shake your head.

Good thing though because we are short on drivers and those guys are good drivers with good attitudes who seem to work pretty hard. They're pretty stoked to be working for Brown. Thanks FedEx and Conway for sending them our way.