About $122,000

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is there really anyone out there who is willing to work
thru their vacation weeks to make 6 figures?

Make enough to live comfortably, put something away
for retirement, and be happy.

We have had guys who would work as little as possible so that their ex would get the least child support allowed by law while others who would refuse to retire so that their ex would not get a dime of their pension so, yeah, I'm sure there are guys who would be willing to work through all of their vacation weeks just to break 100K.

UPS4Life

Working through vacation? I've been at ups 5 years already top rate. I have two weeks of vacation. I don't think I'm getting paid $25,000 for two weeks of vacation. To break 100k you only need to work 51 hours a week not including your vacations. Just over two hours of OT a day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

YellowSox

But why would you want to work that much. There are things far more important than the dollar bills yo.
just Monday through Friday though; you already get Saturday and Sunday off. That's still a nice perk to have two full days off. Even when I do pull 12+ hour day I still might still do something after work ( assuming your aren't married or have kids etc.).

brett636

Is there really anyone out there who is willing to work
thru their vacation weeks to make 6 figures?

Make enough to live comfortably, put something away
for retirement, and be happy.

You don't have too. This will be my first year breaking the $100k mark and I never work through a vacation.

Cementups

Box Monkey
$122k in NJ is a ton if you don't have kids. I'd be living large with that salary.

40 hours a week at $18.75 is $39,000 per year
Say you earn 10 hours overtime each week, that's another $14,625 per year
Total = $53,625 minus taxes

Not a whole lot, really.
But 3 years down the line you're making what, $25 per hour? That would be about $71,000 minus taxes in the same 10 hour OT situation.

How the hell is anyone making $122k a year driving?

Amazing, that if you had asked me when I was graduating high school what kind of money would be enough to have a good life on my answer was $40k/year. Even still I think it's a decent living.
So I am the FIRST person to say that I am very fortunate to be in the position I am in and being able to provide for my family the way I do. I'm still in shock every Friday when I look at my paycheck. A good life indeed.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Amazing, that if you had asked me when I was graduating high school what kind of money would be enough to have a good life on my answer was $40k/year. Even still I think it's a decent living.
So I am the FIRST person to say that I am very fortunate to be in the position I am in and being able to provide for my family the way I do. I'm still in shock every Friday when I look a my paycheck. A good life indeed.
Agreed. Even the wife says "nice check" once in a while.

By The Book

Working through vacation? I've been at ups 5 years already top rate. I have two weeks of vacation. I don't think I'm getting paid $25,000 for two weeks of vacation. To break 100k you only need to work 51 hours a week not including your vacations. Just over two hours of OT a day.

Sent using BrownCafe App
At $34.00 an hour with 2 weeks vacation and 51 hours a week you make $3151.00 less than triple digits, but its close. These figures don't account for the sick days you take and if you take the carry over days, which will reduce this figure, but will balance out if you cash out option weeks if possible and work those hopefully while no driver is on layoff.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I was curious and did some "rough" calculations. If we worked a full 60 hours a week, that's about how much we would get paid. Seems a lot less than I thought...but still pretty great considering benefits we get.
I'll let you know at the end of December.

UPS4Life

At $34.00 an hour with 2 weeks vacation and 51 hours a week you make $3151.00 less than triple digits, but its close. These figures don't account for the sick days you take and if you take the carry over days, which will reduce this figure, but will balance out if you cash out option weeks if possible and work those hopefully while no driver is on layoff.
$33.80x45hr(all straight pay)=$1521
$1521x2wk= $3042 2wks of vacation

$33.80x40hr=$1352 per week
$1352x50wks=$67,600

$67,600+$3042=$70,642 straight time with vacation

$100,000-$70,642=$29,358 needed to reach $100,000

$29,358/50wks= $587.16 OT per week needed

$587.16/$50.7hr=11.58hrs of OT needed a day.

Is that better for you? 51 hours was just a rough guess and the main point was you don't need to work through your vacations to reach $100,000. Also I don't know what supplement your under but I wasn't aware of any that were $34.00/hr if your going to knit pick.

Sent using BrownCafe App