? about transferring

I'm a realtively new part-timer and I was wondering if its hard for PT's to get a transfer to another center/hub/sattelite? I believe that you have to have been working at your current place for a year. One guy at our hub though said that it was pretty hard to get a transfer. Has anyone here ever transferred as a PT'er and if so did you have any difficulty doing so? And if you weren't able to get one, why not? Also, would it affect your seniority? Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated!

brownrodster

The only way for a part timer to transfer here is via an educational transfer.

AFter you have a year in. Apply to a community college where you want to transfer (community colleges accept everyone) Use your letter of acceptance to help get your transfer to new area.... Now, you don't actually have to register and take classes lolol... Unless you really want to.

mikestrek

Transfer all you want. BUT, you will lose all your seniority. I know drivers that have transfered after years of service and lost all there seniority. It sucks cuz now there running the worst routes in the center and there now below a bunch of young guys. I would say if you have to transfer, Do it while your young, With little seniority (perhaps like yourself). Can you imaging if you were an employee at another center and a new guy transfered to your center and he gained seniority above you. NO WAY! Some people say all we have is SENIORITY. It takes years to earn seniority. I've been with the company 23 years and I don't want a new guy coming to my center wanting seniority above me. As long as you know all this, Just talk to your management team and request a transfer. No big deal. As long as the center your transfering to has an opening and follows there policy of hiring from the outside & the inside.
Good Luck.

LKLND3380

I'm a realtively new part-timer and I was wondering if its hard for PT's to get a transfer to another center/hub/sattelite? I believe that you have to have been working at your current place for a year. One guy at our hub though said that it was pretty hard to get a transfer. Has anyone here ever transferred as a PT'er and if so did you have any difficulty doing so? And if you weren't able to get one, why not? Also, would it affect your seniority? Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated!

You may transfer ONLY for educational purposes.

You may tranfer ONLY if there is an opening where you want to transfer

You must reach seniority and be working for one year.

You will loose seniority for job bidding BUT keep seniority for vacation time and paid holidays.

You must pay all moving expenses.

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 6 - Part-time Employee Transfer
Part-time employees who wish to transfer to another location for educational purposes may submit a written request to the Employer. If approved, the transfer shall be allowed subject to the following conditions:
A. A part-time opening exists at the desired location.
B. Employees must have attained seniority and been employed by the Employer for at least one (1) year.
C. Job Classification Seniority shall be end-tailed.
D. Company seniority shall be retained for the purpose of number of weeks of vacation, and number of holidays in accordance with the applicable Supplement at the new location.
E. Any expenses, including moving expenses associated with an approved transfer, shall be the responsibility of the employee.