Applying for new hub while at current hub

Freeballer

Can I apply for a new hub while I'm still in my current hub's system? I'm looking to switch hubs as soon as possible since they wont let me transfer due to distance being under 50 miles(so stupid). Any insight would be appreciated.

trickpony1

What possible difference could "distance" make?
Does the contract say you can't transfer?
One would think the new hub would want an experienced employee.
Your current supe may not want to lose you if you're a good employee.

Sounds arbitrary and capricious to me.

trickpony1

EDIT:
if they let you do it then they have to let everyone do it and they don't want that.

They would have to exert themselves.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Can I apply for a new hub while I'm still in my current hub's system? I'm looking to switch hubs as soon as possible since they wont let me transfer due to distance being under 50 miles(so stupid). Any insight would be appreciated.
YOU’RE SEASONAL 😂😂😂

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You in the union there Balls?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If you are a seniority employee, and the other building is within the jurisdiction of your Local.... you might

be able to transfer that way. Assuming you are a Union member.

Freeballer

The new contract states that noneducational transfers are allowed if the 2 hubs are more than 50 miles apart. For everyone that asked, yes I am in the union and have been with my current hub for 10 years. The hours at my current hub have been cut in half and there are basically no full time positions so my building seniority doesn't mean :censored2: anymore.

542thruNthru

The new contract states that noneducational transfers are allowed if the 2 hubs are more than 50 miles apart. For everyone that asked, yes I am in the union and have been with my current hub for 10 years. The hours at my current hub have been cut in half and there are basically no full time positions so my building seniority doesn't mean :censored2: anymore.
So then apply for some classes at a near by JR college and do an educational transfer...