Access to seniority list, and bid sheet problems.

Phughes2

I’ve been working at UPS in Montgomery for almost 4 years now on Preload. I recently had someone who started a year ago tell me that he was in the process to begin cover driving package cars. Our recent HR lady retired about 5-6 months ago and before she left she told me I should definitely be in one of the next two classes due to my seniority. Since she’s retired I’ve heard nothing.

Today after my shift I went to see the new HR lady and she popped an attitude with me when I asked to see a seniority list for preload. She basically said she didn’t know what I was talking about. They have Hub seniority list posted throughout the building but none for preload. I feel like they are being super fishy and I have multiple other stories from preload employees being skipped, etc.

I’m am filing a grievance first thing tomorrow, but do I have to be in the Union to do so? Also, do I have a right to see a seniority list as an employee of UPS? If hub has theirs posted publicly then why were they so terrified to give me one for preload. I asked HR and my Supervisor and they both avoided it. Basically they don’t want my eyes to see a seniority list.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve been working at UPS in Montgomery for almost 4 years now on Preload. I recently had someone who started a year ago tell me that he was in the process to begin cover driving package cars. Our recent HR lady retired about 5-6 months ago and before she left she told me I should definitely be in one of the next two classes due to my seniority. Since she’s retired I’ve heard nothing.

Today after my shift I went to see the new HR lady and she popped an attitude with me when I asked to see a seniority list for preload. She basically said she didn’t know what I was talking about. They have Hub seniority list posted throughout the building but none for preload. I feel like they are being super fishy and I have multiple other stories from preload employees being skipped, etc.

I’m am filing a grievance first thing tomorrow, but do I have to be in the Union to do so? Also, do I have a right to see a seniority list as an employee of UPS? If hub has theirs posted publicly then why were they so terrified to give me one for preload. I asked HR and my Supervisor and they both avoided it. Basically they don’t want my eyes to see a seniority list.

You’re a scab aren’t you?

Up In Smoke

Wrong, I chose to not join the union, I’ll join if I need to for this instance. Haven't needed them why pay dues for nothing?
The Union and the contract protect your work, working conditions and pay/benefits. If you don't care about those issues, by all means don't join. Get yourself a contract and approach management with your grievance and good luck.

hRCdwPgrPfN9AvhTOO.gif

Phughes2

No I’m a hard worker that has never needed help to keep my job because I show up and work hard. Didn’t know I needed to pay money for someone to do the right thing.

Phughes2

Lol dude no one made you join the union. They won’t fire you if you are a good worker why pay dues for nothing? If vacation and health insurance isn’t offered by ups without the union then you also chose to work at ups no one forced you. Y’all are blaming stuff on people for choices you made

Phughes2

I’m asking do I need to join the union to file a grievance that’s all I’m asking. If I can do it myself then I will. That’s all I’m asking