Accident while in packet

705red

Browncafe Steward
Come on Griff - All he is saying is an accident is an accident - no matter what the damage. Maybe it is only a Tier 1 but it is still an accident.

If it were your yard how would you feel? Don't tell me you would be OK with it!
Lifer why is a roll away a cardinal infraction and only a tier 1 when it comes to an accident, when an intersection is a tier 3 and not a terminating offense (unless ticketed and towed or received medical treatment)? You as a driver can plow into a parked car and be still employed but god help it your parking brake loosened up and rolled 5 feet into a parked car!

tieguy

Banned
Tie, do you happen to drive a SUV by any chance? Do you know what your "carbon footprint" happens to be? My guess its very large.(If its not, I stand corrected for making these assumptions as I don't know you at all) I understand a crappy lawn brings down the value of your home, but does it need to be flawless? I'm talking not 1 dandelion?

You're killing our birds, amphibians, and good insects just to protect your 100 square feet of grass. We Americans really need to get our priorities straight. Eventually what we do to our environment is going to affect our food source. Maybe it won't affect us or our kids, but maybe our grandkids.

Tie, I'm sorry to sound like an environmental nut here, but it seems like your attitude is: do whatever it takes to bring the property value up, no matter what. Am I wrong?

I have a couple of tree huggers with your mindset on either side of me. I end up raking their leaves up that blow on my lawn. I end up fixing my driveway because the roots from their trees have destroyed the concrete. The birds that feed in their yard **** on my cars usually the same day I wash them. I dig the maple seed pods from their trees out of my gutters constantly. My wife and daughter are driven miserable this time of the year from the pollen sprouting from the weeds in their yards. I have poisen ivy from their yards trying to work its way into mine. I fight the ants that have safe harborage in their yards. And after it all I'm supposed to feel guilty because I don't squeeze my six foot plus frame into a yugo. Give me a break.

tieguy

Banned
The ignorant world of UPS, where having an actual automobile accident is in the same category as leaving a tire mark on someones lawn. As much as you retards in management would love to believe the world is black and white, there are shades of grey. I have a life, I don't need to pretend my front lawn is #18 at pebble beach.

Hey there pard , would ya mind postin that home address so I can bring the truck up and do some wheelies in yer yard?:thumbup1:
After all its only grass. Don't matter how it looks. :thumbup1:

dillweed

Gracious, what a thread.:crying:

I feel any damage we do should be reported but I once put tire tracks in a nice yard without telling. They'd make such a stink over it, disqualify, threaten and so forth. No need to do that because I'm aready kicking myself in the butt pretty hard. We learn by our mistakes and improve.

I respect peoples' wishes to have perfect lawns but see no sense in them. Not even a nightcrawler could live in those lawns; they are sterile. Give me a few ant hills, dandelions and insects any day.

agbrown - you've got the seniority so they have to work you. A-holes act like that then wonder why we don't admit our mistakes. You're not a worm because you left a tire track but they'll try to make you feel that way. Don't let the bastards wear you down. dw

browniehound

I have a couple of tree huggers with your mindset on either side of me. I end up raking their leaves up that blow on my lawn. I end up fixing my driveway because the roots from their trees have destroyed the concrete. The birds that feed in their yard **** on my cars usually the same day I wash them. I dig the maple seed pods from their trees out of my gutters constantly. My wife and daughter are driven miserable this time of the year from the pollen sprouting from the weeds in their yards. I have poisen ivy from their yards trying to work its way into mine. I fight the ants that have safe harborage in their yards. And after it all I'm supposed to feel guilty because I don't squeeze my six foot plus frame into a yugo. Give me a break.

Tie, by the way, I don't have a tree hugger mentality, I was just trying to give another point of view on the property value issue. Personally, I'm concerned about the environment, but not to the nutcase point, or to ask anyone over 5 6' to force themeselves into a Yugo:lol:

Griff

Hey there pard , would ya mind postin that home address so I can bring the truck up and do some wheelies in yer yard?:thumbup1:
After all its only grass. Don't matter how it looks. :thumbup1:

Yes, because that's what we are talking about, someone doing donuts with a UPS truck on a customer's lawn.

P.S. - I'm 6'2" and wouldn't drive an SUV if you paid me. SUV's are for housewives who like to feel safe by endangering the rest of us.

UPS Lifer

Lifer why is a roll away a cardinal infraction and only a tier 1 when it comes to an accident, when an intersection is a tier 3 and not a terminating offense (unless ticketed and towed or received medical treatment)? You as a driver can plow into a parked car and be still employed but god help it your parking brake loosened up and rolled 5 feet into a parked car!

The "Tiers" go by cost and liability averages. Averages that the insurance companies use ...
So - based on a Tier 1 - the cost and liability is less than a Tier 3 based on historical & statistical averages.

A roll away or what I call a run away, generally indicates gross negligence.
This could result in extreme danger to you and the general public.

It has nothing to do with the historical and statistical averages assigned for liability purpose.

I am absolutely sure that any time gross negligence by a driver is determined, the driver will be separated. It does not matter what the Tier level is. I hope I was able to clear that up.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, by the way, I don't have a tree hugger mentality, I was just trying to give another point of view on the property value issue. Personally, I'm concerned about the environment, but not to the nutcase point, or to ask anyone over 5 6' to force themeselves into a Yugo:lol:

I know and I'm playing devils advocate in this discussion. There are people that put a lot of money into their lawns and get highly upset when we leave tire tracks. At that point a quick fix on the weekends won't do. They will see the brown dollars available and turn what should be a simple patch job into one that requires a professional landscaper.

tieguy

Banned
Yes, because that's what we are talking about, someone doing donuts with a UPS truck on a customer's lawn.

P.S. - I'm 6'2" and wouldn't drive an SUV if you paid me. SUV's are for housewives who like to feel safe by endangering the rest of us.

What you drive there pard a pink camry so you can prove your not afraid of the SUV driving housewifers and so you can prove your secure with your sexuality?

I'm curious cause I'm 6 4 and if it ain't a pickup or suv I don't fit in it comfortably.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In Utah lot of Mormon housewives drive SUV's driving kids all over the place. . We called them "Mormon Assault Vehicles". :)

browniehound

I know and I'm playing devils advocate in this discussion. There are people that put a lot of money into their lawns and get highly upset when we leave tire tracks. At that point a quick fix on the weekends won't do. They will see the brown dollars available and turn what should be a simple patch job into one that requires a professional landscaper.

I hear ya Tie. I was actually trying to play the advocate of the "tree huggers" for the sake of argument. I'm concerned for the future of our planet, but am not a nut about it. One person can only do so much and most of the damage has already been done.

I posted earlier that if our driver runs over a well-manicured lawn it definitely should be classified as an accident. But if their front yard is nothing but dirt and sticks and its April (wet season here in MA) and we put a tire mark in their "dirt" maybe this shouldn't be an accident?

Griff

What you drive there pard a pink camry so you can prove your not afraid of the SUV driving housewifers and so you can prove your secure with your sexuality?

I'm curious cause I'm 6 4 and if it ain't a pickup or suv I don't fit in it comfortably.

06 GSX-R 750

06 Honda Civic for rain and winter

Never have been inside a car I didn't fit into, at least in the front seats anyway.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I always over report, I remember UPS before, and I work there now. I show scratches done by reload, they say what scratch, If I did it it would be accident. But I still do it. In the world of anograms it is CMA.

Grass is all a matter of how the person cares for it, if you care for it as TIEGUY, its a matter of you hurt something that most likely will not recover this yr, and to some people that is big.
If you drive over a yard in the hood, no one even notices as they do not generally even mow. The difference is the difference between 400,000 dollar homes and 4,000 dollar homes. Either way, I just walk it. I have one house way back, I would say 1/5 mile, the owner says drive it, I say nope, walking it. Ive seen drivers back in to turn around in places, I go around the block. I only back if I have to, and a driveway isnt one of the better places I choose. Ive seen too many people get ripped for driveway accidents when the concrete breaks, the bumper drags or the asphalt is hot and you leave a track. Grab your dolly, your drink and your favorite weapon, of choice if you dont know whats back there and walk it. If its a new route for you scope it out so you will know for next time, this time you eat the time. Better to be safe than accident. And if you get attacked by animals on premises, you will get comp and own a new house:tongue_sm

govols019

You smell that?
If my wife would let me I would asphalt our entire yard. That way I wouldn't have to pay someone to cut it.

I have better things to do with my spare time than to mess with my yard.

good2me

Wow....this discussion has taken some interesting turns.....

Simply put, you did the right thing in reporting the accident. Yes, it is an accident by UPS definition. It was "damage" caused by our vehicle. It doesn't have to be "substantial" damage and it really isn't up for debate. If there is damage, regardless of the severity, it is considered an accident. Again, you did the right thing in reporting the accident. An unreported accident, when discovered could result in termination. It isn't worth your job. Report the accident and let the process take its course.

RozUPS

Speaking of driving up driveways, I was at a customers house (day job) and I heard the brown truck pull up thier 300 to 350 ft curved driveway. As I was taking my equipment back to my truck through the garage I saw what he delivered.. A small 12# box... :ohmy:.