Accused of theft

DogonB

I've been accused of stealing but I didn't do anything of the sort. Without going too much into details because I don't want to be identified, what are my options?

The item I'm accused of stealing was actually my own and was returned to me after many hours of being a pain, but I'm told there is still an investigation, whatever that means. Suggestions?

jaker

trolling
What was your item because that would help and since they return the so called theft item then you guess it not much they can do

Let them do their investigation because they need to prove their worth and you go back doing what you do with very open eye of ups and watch your back

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What was your item because that would help and since they return the so called theft item then you guess it not much they can do

Let them do their investigation because they need to prove their worth and you go back doing what you do with very open eye of ups and watch your back

It's none of our business what the item was.

To the OP-----do not let them talk you in to signing anything without having your shop steward review it with you.

jaker

trolling
It's none of our business what the item was.

To the OP-----do not let them talk you in to signing anything without having your shop steward review it with you.
Kinda you don't need specific details, but was it water , candy , cell phone , sunglasses , radio , watch

You get my point now , they could just be reaching to get rid of him. Because when you really think about it even a being accused of stealing a cell phone is hard when all you have to do is turn it on and it will prove it his . So there should be no need for farther investigation and no reason why it should take many hours

How would you feel if your sup came up to you and accused you of stealing your the watch on your arm

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Did they accuse you of stealing time because you were on your phone. Not sure how it could be stealing if they returned something to you that was yours. I could see stealing time if you were using your phone on the clock.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I've been accused of stealing but I didn't do anything of the sort. Without going too much into details because I don't want to be identified, what are my options?

The item I'm accused of stealing was actually my own and was returned to me after many hours of being a pain, but I'm told there is still an investigation, whatever that means. Suggestions?

I'm assuming you brought something in (iPod, cell phone, knife, etc.) that you didn't have a property pass for and a guard ID'd you on your way out.

Security usually interviews/grills you to try and get you to admit its not yours. It sounds like they believed you, especially if they gave whatever it was back. That pretty much means you're in the clear.

I hope a steward was with you.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Never sign away your right to have a steward present. When they show you that paper that means they are trying to fire you

EmraldArcher

Tell them to either call the cops and have you arrested or back off. If they don't do the latter follow a harassment grievance every time they try to talk to you.

542thruNthru

A long time ago when I was a cover driver (PT driver) I would keep some info notices and a bag or two of ups pens in my backpack that I always brought to work. Not having my own route I never knew if the truck would have extras if something happen.

One day I was digging a pen out of my backpack in the morning and our LP guy saw it. He had me brought into the office and told me I was stealing ups property. I had to hand over all the pens and info notices right there.

Well that was our rainy season and everyday I'd send a msg saying I have no info notices because the rain destroyed my only pad. About 2 weeks of not scanning info notices my center manager actually went to my DM with me with him. He told her what happen and she told me to ignore our LP and from now on I can carry whatever I need. A month later that LP guy was gone. Don't know where he went but wasn't sad to see him go.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
A long time ago when I was a cover driver (PT driver) I would keep some info notices and a bag or two of ups pens in my backpack that I always brought to work. Not having my own route I never knew if the truck would have extras if something happen.

One day I was digging a pen out of my backpack in the morning and our LP guy saw it. He had me brought into the office and told me I was stealing ups property. I had to hand over all the pens and info notices right there.

Well that was our rainy season and everyday I'd send a msg saying I have no info notices because the rain destroyed my only pad. About 2 weeks of not scanning info notices my center manager actually went to my DM with me with him. He told her what happen and she told me to ignore our LP and from now on I can carry whatever I need. A month later that LP guy was gone. Don't know where he went but wasn't sad to see him go.
hes working for the American Nazi party is my guess.

JL 0513

I like working at a center where there is no guard shack, security, LP or anything. We come and go from our cars with our backpacks and coolers without suspicion.

BrownArmy

When I arrive in the morning, security dude is on his phone.

When I leave in the evening, different security dude is on his phone.

BEEP BEEP as I go through the metal detector.

No worries.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I like working at a center where there is no guard shack, security, LP or anything. We come and go from our cars with our backpacks and coolers without suspicion.

During the winter we stop by our cars to start them before punching out. By the time we get to our cars they are toasty warm and all defrosted.

My boss and I played a prank on a driver who had done this. We slid the thermostat over to Cold and turned the AC on. He was not a happy camper.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
During the winter we stop by our cars to start them before punching out. By the time we get to our cars they are toasty warm and all defrosted.

My boss and I played a prank on a driver who had done this. We slid the thermostat over to Cold and turned the AC on. He was not a happy camper.

So, in the BOG, management not only condones stealing time but participates.

Nice.