Action Was Reckless - Tulsi Gabbard

Box Ox

And 2000 troops aren't going to be decisive in the civil war.

That's a reasonable argument. Could probably sit there as a buffer force for 10 more years and the Turks would still enter Syria and roll the Kurds after we left. And ISIS/Al-Qaeda would probably still be around.

newfie

Hahaha! Fighting in Syria? Don't you remember? That's what Trump left behind for the coalition forces to do? He's out of there! But, don't worry , they'll remember this the next time we need their help.

I'm sorry it appears you're not willing to fight for what you believe in? typical message board warrior talking trash he has no balls for.

vantexan

That's a reasonable argument. Could probably sit there as a buffer force for 10 more years and the Turks would still enter Syria and roll the Kurds after we left. And ISIS/Al-Qaeda would probably still be around.
But ISIS is essentially defeated. No headquarters, no large assembly anywhere. They have operatives in the shadows in many countries though but how will 2000 troops sitting in Syria change that? Assad has won the civil war with Russian backing. We went in to go after ISIS, not to take Assad down.

bacha29

I'm sorry it appears you're not willing to fight for what you believe in? typical message board warrior talking trash he has no balls for.
Your God General Bone Spurs wasn't going to . So why should I? The only difference between me and your God was that there was no deferment or a friendly doctor waiting to cover my back side. I registered and waited for their decision. Which by the way I and the others have been waiting for quite some time for you to tell us your heroic war stories.

vantexan

"U.S. military officials say a couple thousand ISIS fighters are still operating in the region."
It also said 1% remain in isolated villages. Sounds defeated to me. Ultimately it's up to the commander-in-chief. Compare this with the power vacuum left in Iraq when we withdrew, creating ISIS to begin with. No power vacuum in Syria.

bacha29

you're not going to fight for Syria after expressing outrage that we are leaving? So you were just blowing hot air?
I just love making you angry by exposing your God for what he is .A bombastic narcissistic demogogue who ran on slogans and outrageous claims while failing to realize that he was going to be expected to make good on them by turning those slogans into realistic and effective policy .
In the meantime we're still waiting for you to tell us about your glorious military service.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I haven't seen her before but she was on CNN and Faux and did not like Trump's reactive strike on Syria.

I researched her some and she impressed me ... especially for being a Politician and furthermore, a Democrat.

I wonder if she will be the first woman President?

Hawaii congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard says Trump 'acted recklessly' with Syria missile strikes

Tulsi Gabbard - Wikipedia
I’m telling ya, Democrats. Tulsi Gabbard is the Party’s best shot at winning a Presidential election in which moderates on both sides of the political center line would be glad to vote for her. Plainly spoken major in the Army National Guard.

Glad you came around to my conclusion!