ADD/CUT madness!!!!!

anonymouse

So last week October 1st-5th on my side(I do preload) the person in charge of add/cuts was on sick leave(has been for like a month) and his backup went on vacation, so they had another person who's job was not that do it. Now I have a five truck 1,150 package average with a normal of 3 add/cut packages ever other day. But last week I had the great privilege of getting Monday-23 A/Cs(add/cuts) Tuesday-32 A/Ds Wednesday-34 A/Ds Thurday-52 A/D(only day above 1,300 packages, others like 1,150-1,250) and Friday-42 A/Ds. I guess my question could I have refused to do them my self or should I in the future bring that up, they still got on my case about finishing on time everyday but never send me help. P.S. Out of every day except Thursday I shared a scanner, which is essential for any add/cut.

DS

Fenderbender
It sounds to me like you are being taken advantage of.
Try to talk to the lead sup and explain your dilemma.
If this accomplishes nothing,file a grievance.In the meantime,
maybe calling in sick one day may clue them in to how hard you work.

laffter

They never ask us to pull our own add/cuts at my center. The guy who actually does the add/cuts has to come around and do it himself. Unless you look like you're really really light... basically standing around doing nothing. Then I usually even volunteer to do it myself, just so I look busy.

In fact, my old belt sup got mad at me one time for volunteering to do it. Because then the package flow picked up and I wasn't able to get to around to it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our center the PDS prints the add/cuts and hands them to the PT supervisor, who then pulls the packages, crossing them off the list until all are found. No scanners involved--the PDS moves the work between the drivers on his computer.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We don't scan, either. But, your add/cut counts sound similar to the dipstick at my center. He isn't that bad every day, but he averages 10-15 pages certain routes. It goes on all morning long, with 5-6 at the end of the shift as the driver is standing there, usually. The dispatcher before him was a dream to a preloader. She was spot-on with her dispatch, rarely needing an add/cut. But, she had issues and doesn't work there anymore. :sad-little:

Macbrother

I feel your pain. Especially when you're stacked out, behind, and still have a ton of **** rolling down the belt, multiple pages of add cuts can be absolutely devastating. When our normal PDS is in he does them himself 9 times out of 10, but when he's out basically it's every man for himself and the # of them increase 2-3 fold.

I remember one time I was stacked out to hell; around 8:25 the fill-in rolls up with 2 pages worth, says "thanks" and walks off. I just threw my hands up and got back to work.

The best advice has already been given: take your time, do your best not to let it get to you, work as directed. I would do the add-cuts first though, I think the driver would much rather have to finish loading his truck in the morning than be down the road and find out he's got to do 6 extra stops because the add/cuts weren't pulled.

EmraldArcher

In our center the PDS prints the add/cuts and hands them to the PT supervisor, who then pulls the packages, crossing them off the list until all are found. No scanners involved--the PDS moves the work between the drivers on his computer.

Sounds like someone should be filing a grievance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And no one files supervisor working grievances?

packageguy

They tell us the cut was made, I look in my diad work is there , go on the road start looking for the packages not in my truck, I call center they tell me to meet the driver, okay just adding to the overtime.......