Adjustment

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why should he have to sit at work for an extra 9 minutes to make up for the time he was shorted. They screwed up, they should fix it.
9 minutes for a top rate driver at straight time is $6.
9 minutes for a top rate driver at time and a half would be $9.

You can either make up the time on road or stop whining about it.

JustDeliverIt

9 minutes for a top rate driver at straight time is $6.
9 minutes for a top rate driver at time and a half would be $9.

You can either make up the time on road or stop whining about it.

As much as I get that, to me it’s the principle of the matter. And if you don’t stand up for yourself when it happens, how many more times are these errors going to happen.

Have them fix it, they then understand you watch your hours and won’t screw with you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't believe management has an obligation to fix his timecard and settle this matter?

You would rather see this driver purposely steal time to make up the time that the company clearly owes him (if we are to take this driver's story at face value)?
Of course they have the duty to ensure that every hourly has their time properly accounted for; however, if they are unwilling to adjust his timecard and he is that adamant about the $6 or $9, then he needs to take matters in to his own hands.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Of course they have the duty to ensure that every hourly has their time properly accounted for; however, if they are unwilling to adjust his timecard and he is that adamant about the $6 or $9, then he needs to take matters in to his own hands.
Personally I’d file a grievance under the hours and wages section of my supplement. If they hadn’t provided the adjustment I’d file for penalty pay under article 17 NMA and make them think twice about it in the future. Payroll issues are theft, plain and simple.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Personally I’d file a grievance under the hours and wages section of my supplement. If they hadn’t provided the adjustment I’d file for penalty pay under article 17 NMA and make them think twice about it in the future. Payroll issues are theft, plain and simple.
I think this is more an oversight than an attempt to steal time from the employee and, due to the minimal amount of time in question, I would have simply made up the "lost" time on road.

MyTripisCut

I think this is more an oversight than an attempt to steal time from the employee and, due to the minimal amount of time in question, I would have simply made up the "lost" time on road.
You’d be surprised how often payroll issues occur in todays UPS. I know you haven’t been gone long, but ineptness is readily available at every turn. At a certain point, it becomes exhausting. No HR, the payroll company makes errors, management is incapable. All of these things didn’t exist this way and were Carol’s choice, she has to live with it now.

Thebrownblob

You’d be surprised how often payroll issues occur in todays UPS. I know you haven’t been gone long, but ineptness is readily available at every turn. At a certain point, it becomes exhausting. No HR, the payroll company makes errors, management is incapable. All of these things didn’t exist this way and were Carol’s choice, she has to live with it now.
Yep they put in adjustments, they send emails nothing gets fixed, meanwhile penalty payment grievances pile up because they have so much liability.

MyTripisCut

Yep they put in adjustments, they send emails nothing gets fixed, meanwhile penalty payment grievances pile up because they have so much liability.
We’ve had drivers not get paid correctly for months. They have happy smiley faces when that penalty pay rolls in. But like I said, it’s exhausting sometimes.