Advice on how to deal with driving stress?

fty589

I’ve been driving for over 2 years now and have acquired a lot of seniority that time so that I can bid on some pretty good routes. I’ve also definitely become a better and safer driver during that time. However, I still can’t seem to shake the fear of getting into an accident. I know the union offers job protection but trying to make it 30 years without an accident seems like kind of a daunting feat. Can any vets offer some kind of advice on how to get out of this mindset? Once I’m on the road I’m not too worried about but before I start I just get kind of anxious.

I’ve been driving for over 2 years now and have acquired a lot of seniority that time so that I can bid on some pretty good routes. I’ve also definitely become a better and safer driver during that time. However, I still can’t seem to shake the fear of getting into an accident. I know the union offers job protection but trying to make it 30 years without an accident seems like kind of a daunting feat. Can any vets offer some kind of advice on how to get out of this mindset? Once I’m on the road I’m not too worried about but before I start I just get kind of anxious.
Number two years isn't a lot of seniority
But with that being said

Sometimes there's no way to avoid an accident, you cannot control the actions

The only thing you can do is to make sure you are following the methods and giving yourself an escape Route in case somebody does something stupid

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Take your damn lunch

542thruNthru

Ok, I don't usually share this secret but if you really want to leave the stress behind I have just one word for you.

Masturbation

Take a 10 min break and rub one out. You'll be stress free for hours. Repeat as needed.

You're welcome.

DriverNerd

I've been in multiple accidents at UPS. It happens. I've had three unavoidable, two avoidable, and three or four that didn't get classified as accidents. If you're trying to be a circle of honor driver then although that's a noble sentiment it's a stupid thing to put on your shoulders for the next 20 years. Don't worry about getting in an accident, just focus on driving safe and doing your job correctly.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Carry a can of Pullman Brown spray paint

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've been in multiple accidents at UPS. It happens. I've had three unavoidable, two avoidable, and three or four that didn't get classified as accidents. If you're trying to be a circle of honor driver then although that's a noble sentiment it's a stupid thing to put on your shoulders for the next 20 years. Don't worry about getting in an accident, just focus on driving safe and doing your job correctly.

Maybe you should look for another line of work because you can’t drive for :censored2:

fty589

I don’t care about getting a jacket or a parking spot. I know accidents happen but obviously its not something you want to have happen. Being a ups driver feels like trying to do your job (delivering packages) while going through an obstacle course. But like I said once I’m on the road I’m not too worried about it.

fty589

Ok, I don't usually share this secret but if you really want to leave the stress behind I have just one word for you.

Masturbation

Take a 10 min break and rub one out. You'll be stress free for hours. Repeat as needed.

You're welcome.
Maybe the union will fight for paid masturbation periods next contract.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don’t care about getting a jacket or a parking spot. I know accidents happen but obviously its not something you want to have happen. Being a ups driver feels like trying to do your job (delivering packages) while going through an obstacle course. But like I said once I’m on the road I’m not too worried about it.

That’s what they all say that don’t have a jacket

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
A big cuban torta for lunch helps to cut through some of the stress.

I was screaming at people on the sidewalk just a few minutes before.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Just method follow. As long as you just pay attention and adjust to conditions either weather or road related you’ll be fine. God forbid if you do get in an accident you sound like you’ll just freak out. Give yourself a panic attack at that point. If you think you’re a safe driver and don’t drive like a maniac like I’ve seen a lot of people do either under stress or anger from having a bad day, then you’ll be fine.

Road Dog 56

one day at a time.