Affordable Care Act designed to move people off of employer plans. Surprise!

trickpony1

Can anyone here truthfully and coherently tell me why we would not want cradle to grave health care for every citizen?

In the long run (thinking of my grandkids), wouldn't that be better for everyone?

England has socialized medicine much like obama thinks we want here in America.

A friend of mine in England was rushed to the hospital with chest pains. One of his arteries was so clogged they couldn't put a stint in. He was put on the waiting list for surgery and sent home. He died waiting for surgery.

You know as well as I do that if the same scenario had occurred in America, a cardiologist would have been called in immediately and surgery would have saved my friend's life.

Does socialized medicine sound efficient to you?

island1fox

Lived both in Canada and Europe for many years --glad I was young. Been there done that --do not want to be under that system again !

moreluck

golden ticket member
hvdizn.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You would think that someone who has unlimited amounts of money would choice the best places for their care .
Must be why someone from the Royal Saudi family is always being treated in Boston . They tend to bring most of the family with them , some take over whole hotels for their stays .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No one has put forth the proposition that the US does not have the best healthcare.
The qualification was "if you can afford it". I'm sure the Saudi rich and the European rich can afford it.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
A healthy, educated, population seems to be a bit of a problem to some.

I would think that would be something we should strive for, as a nation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since the latest poll shows that most democrats don't know that the Earth circles the Sun , you might want to remove " educated " from your last post .