TeamCare and Central States Affordable Care Act Question

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Don't forget about the president & his hc law. It is at the center of this screw-the-worker jam session. The ACA was the mistake of the unions. It was the incentive for UPS to "get out of the insurance business" and it is the very law responsible for the demise of our benefits today.
I know. I didn't say who's fault it was, I just said we got screwed by everybody and they didn't even use vasoline.

MrWon

My wife called TeamCare today and found out that breast pumps were not covered with our insurance. I was surprised because most insurances have to have it now since the Affordable Care Act has some kind of mandate for breast pumps. I called TeamCare and wondered why not. They said something about the Taft Hartley Act that Central States doesn't have to follow the Affordable Care Act yet and will implement things in phases. For something that most other insurances have now but our "cadillac" insurance doesn't have Im a little frusterated by this. More frusterated too that my wife and I are having twins. Can anyone explain it a little better or know when some of these benefits of the Affordable Care Act people are enjoying when we will start to enjoy them as well.

My wife could not get a covered pump either. We were referred to Betsy Ross for assistance but they are a cash only operation. Sucks our insurance does not cover pumps.

Atomic_Smurf

My wife could not get a covered pump either. We were referred to Betsy Ross for assistance but they are a cash only operation. Sucks our insurance does not cover pumps.
Actually our insurance does cover pumps and all sorts of other goodies, just not for us. ObamaCare enrollees get those goodies for free, paid for by our artificially inflated premiums.