TeamCare and Central States Affordable Care Act Question

Ptrunner

My wife called TeamCare today and found out that breast pumps were not covered with our insurance. I was surprised because most insurances have to have it now since the Affordable Care Act has some kind of mandate for breast pumps. I called TeamCare and wondered why not. They said something about the Taft Hartley Act that Central States doesn't have to follow the Affordable Care Act yet and will implement things in phases. For something that most other insurances have now but our "cadillac" insurance doesn't have Im a little frusterated by this. More frusterated too that my wife and I are having twins. Can anyone explain it a little better or know when some of these benefits of the Affordable Care Act people are enjoying when we will start to enjoy them as well.

Atomic_Smurf

My wife called TeamCare today and found out that breast pumps were not covered with our insurance. I was surprised because most insurances have to have it now since the Affordable Care Act has some kind of mandate for breast pumps. I called TeamCare and wondered why not. They said something about the Taft Hartley Act that Central States doesn't have to follow the Affordable Care Act yet and will implement things in phases. For something that most other insurances have now but our "cadillac" insurance doesn't have Im a little frusterated by this. More frusterated too that my wife and I are having twins. Can anyone explain it a little better or know when some of these benefits of the Affordable Care Act people are enjoying when we will start to enjoy them as well.
Sorry friend but as health insurance earners/workers & tax payers we are on the collection end of the healthcare law. The freebies & perks are for those with plans that are being subsidized by our artificially inflated premiums. The ACA is the redistribution of the part of our earnings that we don't see on a weekly pay stub.

Atomic_Smurf

The healthcare law has been lied about by Democrats & the leftwing media since day one. The "top 1%" & "fat cats" were never going to cover the cost of healthcare reform. That was a lie to get uninformed liberals, union members & other workers to cheer for their own wealth confiscation. As Jonathan Grubber explained, Americans were just too dumb to understand that when you place a huge tax on the insurance companies (that were for the ACA) they just pass the cost on to the consumer & its essentially the same thing as a huge tax on the consumer.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Teamcare considers itself a grandfathered health plan and does not have to follow all the mandates of the ACA.

This issue has not been officially clarified yet, and down the road, Teamcare may have to abide by all the mandates.

Atomic_Smurf

"In order to get things like universal health care then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more." -Michelle Obama

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
01125110.Par_.89380.ImageFile.jpg

RealPerson

Didn't the Healthcare get a Waiver or something???

Anyway this health care SUCKS. Part Timer here, and first time ever starting to get bills. Sad part is they are only going to get higher...

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
OUR TEAMCARE ...& now ur scratching your heads?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Didn't the Healthcare get a Waiver or something???

Anyway this health care SUCKS. Part Timer here, and first time ever starting to get bills. Sad part is they are only going to get higher...

Totally sucks. Got more bills so far under teamcare than in the last ten years I've worked here.

UPSwife0174

Bottom line is health insurance will NEVER be what it was. Used to be for a single person, coverage was around $300/month through our company, with excellent benefits (though it excluded vision and dental). This was 15 years ago. Today, the minimum we can get for our employees is $400/month premium that comes with a $3000 deductible, higher office co-pays and more out of pocket than ever before. I'm not really sure who is happy with ANY healthcare these days, but I work in medical collections, so I know that any way you slice it, un(or under)insured people have been costing us millions all along. Public aid comes from us working people, and then we get nailed with high doctor bills because of all the people who simply don't care to pay their bills.

It's a no-win situation, but I'll tell you I was forced to drop my insurance at work because it's simply too costly, and I'll take whatever (free) insurance benefits I can get from UPS.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Totally sucks. Got more bills so far under teamcare than in the last ten years I've worked here.
I have paid more out of pocket expense under Teamcare over the last 8 months than I have paid over the last 30 years combined.

I understand insurance rates are going up, but so is UPS profits. Why did we have to take a cut?

I also just saw an article that Teamcare has so much reserve money that it is not even funny. So why are not our benefits improved a little bit with some of this "excess" money?

We got screwed by UPS and the Teamsters. Now it looks like we're also getting screwed by Teamcare. Imagine that.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Check on Craigslist. Lots of people sell unopened pumps they got from insurance but never used.

Atomic_Smurf

I have paid more out of pocket expense under Teamcare over the last 8 months than I have paid over the last 30 years combined.

I understand insurance rates are going up, but so is UPS profits. Why did we have to take a cut?

I also just saw an article that Teamcare has so much reserve money that it is not even funny. So why are not our benefits improved a little bit with some of this "excess" money?

We got screwed by UPS and the Teamsters. Now it looks like we're also getting screwed by Teamcare. Imagine that.
Don't forget about the president & his hc law. It is at the center of this screw-the-worker jam session. The ACA was the mistake of the unions. It was the incentive for UPS to "get out of the insurance business" and it is the very law responsible for the demise of our benefits today.