Ah the memories

D

dannyboy

Found this in some paperwork I had saved. I was looking for some of the support paperwork to try and get the retirement issue fixed.

For you new guys, we used a time card while we were on paper. The rest you should be able to figure out on your own.

d

O

over9five

That brings back memeories.... I remember doing a base route and Id have to staple 3 timecards together to account for all the delivery areas I did!

O

over9five

Wait a minute. You did FIVE HUNDRED AND THIRTY stops that day????
PLUS p/us???
And took your hour???
I salute you.

D

dannyboy

Those were the packages. Stops were 411 with 17 pickups. Had helpers, their time shows under the code 6.

The truck was parked for an hour. The helpers feasted on pizza while I set up the stops and started sheeting. We usually parked under a street light or pulled under a gas station light to sheet up the stops after dark.

100288 (look at the mileage) is still around. It is a real peice of smilet, but at this time it was one of the newest and best we had. P1000 with no power anything and the first step needed a step ladder. But it beat the hon cars that we had at that time.

I had more stops in one day, but I also had more helpers. Best day I ever had was a 8.2 hour day, 450 stops and 23 hours helper time. Sup said I could not have more helper time then what I had on road. Hehehe Didnt take long for me to figure out the numbers. Beat the standards by almost 12 hours that day. One hour driver time was equal to 3.5 hours helper time.

d

D

dammor

Danny,

That was an interesting flash back. I found some old delivery notices from way back also. Packrats?
jester.gif

U

ups_vette

danny..

You did an outstanding job that day.

I have one question, since you have the time card, how did you get paid for that days work?

Did you turn it in, and if you did, how did you get it back?

S

sendagain6160

Danny...you failed to mention, not only did we have that time card, but had to make sure all the cod money was right when we checked in.We had to make change out of our pockets with our money if we was paid in cash.

S

speeddemon

AN hour for lunch??? If I want to get home in time to see my kids before they go to sleep, Ive always got to work a code 5. Dispatch is always too heavy.

L

local804

Work code 5, isnt that the code for a part time air driver???????Speeddemon, we all want to spend time with our family.With you having the "think of myself attitude" and only working 4 hours, it makes it tough for everyone else to get in at a good hour.Try working a full day and lighten up some of your workers loads.If you want to work pt hours, why dont you leave FT and go tp PT. I can tell by your posts you are a very stingy person who needs a reality check.Open your eyes son...

D

dannyboy

Code 5 is actual time worked. IF you are out on road 9 hours, and take 15 minutes lunch, you get paid 8.75 hours. On code 6 you would only get paid for 8.

This is a photo of a copy of the timecard.

HEhehe, pack rat. I guess. I have some of the first NDA lables. Will have to photo and post.

d

T

toonertoo

we are not allowed the luxury of skipping lunch, ie we can but they still take it out whether or not you take it. so if you skip it every day you short yourself 2 1/2 hrs a week (we get 1/2 hr)unpaid, and 2 10 minute breaks that are paid.

DS

Fenderbender
talk about bringing up old posts...too bad you cant read the timecard but the numbers are amazing!