Ahh tis that time of year again

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I sat within a valley green I sat me with my true love My sad heart strove to choose between The old love and the new love The old for her, the new that made Me think on Ireland dearly While soft the wind blew down the glade And shook the golden barley Twas hard the woeful words to frame To break the ties that bound us But harder still to bear the shame Of foreign chains around us And so I said, "The mountain glen I'll seek at morning early And join the bold United Men While soft winds shake the barley"While sad I kissed away her tears My fond arms 'round her flinging The foeman's shot burst on our ears From out the wildwood ringing A bullet pierced my true love's side In life's young spring so early And on my breast in blood she died While soft winds shook the barley I bore her to some mountain stream And many's the summer blossom I placed with branches soft and green About her gore-stained bosom I wept and kissed her clay-cold corpse Then rushed o'er vale and valley My vengeance on the foe to wreak While soft winds shook the barle yBut blood for blood without remorse I've taken at Oulart Hollow And laid my true love's clay-cold corpse Where I full soon may follow As 'round her grave I wander drea rNoon, night and morning early With breaking heart when e'er I hear The wind that shakes the barley

moreluck

golden ticket member
Missing carrots, Irish soda bread,and a pint of stout

Carrots are left out purposely by me,because the perfect mouthful to me is some potato, cabbage and meat all in one bite!!.......I butter the slices of soda bread(the kind with raisins) and call it dessert with my coffee. Sorry, don't drink.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Carrots are left out purposely by me,because the perfect mouthful to me is some potato, cabbage and meat all in one bite!!.......I butter the slices of soda bread(the kind with raisins) and call it dessert with my coffee. Sorry, don't drink.

I love soda bread my grand mother (nanny) nee Bridget MacHale made it on St Pats every year and every holiday spent at her house we had either ham or corn beef and cabbage .I think I was her favorite because the Garvin brothers were "buggers" LOL

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Q: Why did God invent whiskey?

A: To keep Ireland from ruling the world.

A point well taken the gene took root to some in the family and the drink took some family members before their time .But it is not about the wiskey and the stout the Irish gave the world music,literature ,poetry and must of all their great sense of good humour. Not to mention a great color.Ahh wouldn't
be nice now if this website was the Green Cafe

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Jameson 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey(Ireland) We have a neighbor who has his shot of Jameson daily!!

My pop worked as a union electrician in the Atlantic Refinery outside in the winter . He would always have a shot with dinner in the winter time . Just to get the blood flowing.

klein

Für Meno :)
Urban Outfitters' St. Patrick’s Day Merchandise Offends Irish

Urban Outfitters has stepped into controversy again with its new St. Patrick's Day themed merchandise.

470_2274092.0

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Money grab from unscrupulous retailers
Urban Outfitters are continuing to sell offensive St. Patrick’s Day merchandise despite an outcry from Congressional leaders and the Irish-American community.

The clothing store has still not responded to countless media requests since IrishCentral broke the story.

A trucker hat with the tag-line “Irish Yoga,” featuring a stick figure vomiting shamrocks, is just one of the items which has prompted public outrage.

As well as selling various St. Patrick’s Day themed products in their stories, there is also a designated “St. Patrick’s Day shop” on their website, selling over 30 items such as “Leprechaun Piss” and a “Kiss me I’m drunk or Irish, or whatever” t-shirt.

IrishCentral’s New York office has been inundated with calls, emails, and messages from people voicing their disgust over the flippant portrayal of Irish-American culture.

ABC network, Fox News, Daily Mail and many other outlets have carried stories on the fallout from the products.