Air driver now getting cover rate for holiday season

Hey I was wondering if this is right, usually i drive air and get ground rate when driving ground, just noticed they have been coding me as a cover driver during the holiday season. Is this right? Can they do this? I've heard stories where drivers were kept on as cover after the season ended , also stories where air drivers refused to work because of the cut and a few days later the company hit them up to keep driving for their normal rate.

542thruNthru

Hey I was wondering if this is right, usually i drive air and get ground rate when driving ground, just noticed they have been coding me as a cover driver during the holiday season. Is this right? Can they do this? I've heard stories where drivers were kept on as cover after the season ended , also stories where air drivers refused to work because of the cut and a few days later the company hit them up to keep driving for their normal rate.
Here it's called a seasonal cover driver. SoCal

The company asks all air driver's and disqualified cover driver's with DOT cards to be seasonal cover drivers.

If they didn't ask you then I'd say that's BS and you should file.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
We have four air drivers at our center with me being one of them and only doing it for about 3 months now. I signed up for seasonal driving just to get time behind the wheel. The other three refuse to deliver because they will get paid at the seasonal driver rate and not their normal air rate. They have all been there for 15+ years.

We have four air drivers at our center with me being one of them and only doing it for about 3 months now. I signed up for seasonal driving just to get time behind the wheel. The other three refuse to deliver because they will get paid at the seasonal driver rate and not their normal air rate. They have all been there for 15+ years.
Did they actually pull you guys aside and ask you?

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Did they actually pull you guys aside and ask you?
Myself, I signed up for seasonal driving, so I get paid more to do that, then running at an Air rate. They have asked them in the past and all said no. Now there have been exceptions during peak where there were a couple of emergency situations and they stepped in with their Air rate. That is not the norm. None of them have driven this peak and they just got cut out totally on Saturdays since Air is with the regular drivers.