Alex Jones ordered to pay nearly a BILLION dollars to the families of Sandy Hook victims

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If someone lodges false accusations against my business and it causes my wife and I financial or punitive damages, we can sue that person for lost revenue and irreparable damages.
How is that relevant here?
In front of a jury of his peers it was determined that his false accusations caused irreparable damages. He was accused, charged, tried and found guilty and financially responsible for his actions.
So how is your post about lost revenue relevant?

Are you saying these people would have been billionaires if not for alex Jones?

Nah
They'll never collect that much. They can go after his unprotected wealth now and garnish future earnings at the rate of 25% of his pay. Unless he's in Texas. You're hung up on a number. The jury wanted to send a message. And for the life of me why you would defend him on this is beyond me.
Yes, I am hung up on a number. Because there's nothing just about trying to take several fold a man's net worth because he said some insensitive things.

I'm not defending him. I was disgusted by all the hoax talk back in the day. I just think the amount, and the fact that he even went on trial, is completely ridiculous.

Thebrownblob

Oh be honest. You're an Alex Jones supporter. Think he's always spot on. People like him make the Right look bad. We've got enough to worry about without charlatans filling empty heads with newly minted conspiracies.
And by the way it’s actually people like you that make the right look bad. From all I can tell you certainly are more an Alex Jones supporter than anyone I know I mean after all you and him are Trump lovers. Do you know the same guy who decided by executive order to be in bump stocks. The same guy who was 100% for red flag laws do you know take the guns first due process later?

vantexan

So how is your post about lost revenue relevant?

Are you saying these people would have been billionaires if not for alex Jones?
Words have consequences. If he defamed them he should pay. And stop victim shaming. The jury decided the award, not them. They probably would have been fine with a few million to teach him a lesson.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes, I am hung up on a number. Because there's nothing just about trying to take several fold a man's net worth because he said some insensitive things.

I'm not defending him. I was disgusted by all the hoax talk back in the day. I just think the amount, and the fact that he even went on trial, is completely ridiculous.
It's not even about him, it's a warning to anyone who says anything the left wingers don't like.

If you say someone's female daughter isn't a boy because she changes her name and wears pants, and then that kid kills herself.... you are responsible for her death.

Apply this to anything they don't like.
That's why the amount is so high, it's not about damages it's a warning to anyone saying anything they don't like.

vantexan

It's not even about him, it's a warning to anyone who says anything the left wingers don't like.

If you say someone's female daughter isn't a boy because she changes her name and wears pants, and then that kid kills herself.... you are responsible for her death.

Apply this to anything they don't like.
That's why the amount is so high, it's not about damages it's a warning to anyone saying anything they don't like.
It's not a Left/Right thing. It's a common decency thing. That you guys can't see that means there's a serious lack of common decency here.

vantexan

And by the way it’s actually people like you that make the right look bad. From all I can tell you certainly are more an Alex Jones supporter than anyone I know I mean after all you and him are Trump lovers. Do you know the same guy who decided by executive order to be in bump stocks. The same guy who was 100% for red flag laws do you know take the guns first due process later?

A well regulated militia. Guess what? The Constitution gives you the right to own guns. It also gives the government the right to regulate them. If a bump stock makes a gun close to fully automatic and a psycho uses one to rain bullets down on a crowd is it really shocking that a move was made against bump stocks? Yum yum yum, one bite at a time, yum yum yum.

Nah
Why are you so hung up on a number? Does it offend you? Are you jealous?
The number matters because the aim of the courts should be to serve justice.

Where is the justice in such a number? How did Alex Jones inflict nearly $1,000,000,000 worth of damage on these people? Did he kill anyone? Did he even so much as key someone's car? NO!

vantexan

Yes it is and it's sad you can't see that.
There's only one party that is saying conspiracy theories are dangerous and we should shut down free speech.
There are conspiracy theories floating around on both sides. You're demonizing one side, making excuses for the other(your)side.

As a Christian I find it deeply offensive what he said about Sandy Hook. I don't care if the parents are wild eyed liberals or somber conservatives, no parent should ever have to lose their child in that manner and then have to endure the lies he spouted on top of that. And if you can't see that then you're possibly jaded beyond repair.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There's only one party that is saying conspiracy theories are dangerous and we should shut down free speech.
There are conspiracy theories floating around on both sides. You're demonizing one side, making excuses for the other(your)side.
Did you read my post?
Maybe try again?

Which conspiracy theories do you think I'm saying you shouldn't have the right to talk about?

vantexan

Did you read my post?
Maybe try again?

Which conspiracy theories do you think I'm saying you shouldn't have the right to talk about?
You're saying the Left uses that to shut down conservatives on what they're doing. I'm saying both sides are guilty. You never seem to have issues with what so called right wingers say here.