All air routes getting eliminated?

Method Mensch

I heard that UPS management is looking to eliminate all air driver positions in the Boston area. Has anybody else from other regions seen or heard anything similar? Not sure how feasible this would be.
Update: they're not eliminating air driver slots. They're they're just taking as many as they can and slapping them together with an inside part time shift. That's right, they're absorbing all the part time air routes into newly minted 22-3 positions. The bids are out already.

HarryWarden

Booming where? In Biden's brain? Booming plague that is causing "insane in the membrane" per some rap song I heard years ago.
Can you explain to me what part of the economy is doing poorly, how it is bidens fault, and what trump would do differently to make it better?

Thank you

Thebrownblob

Update: they're not eliminating air driver slots. They're they're just taking as many as they can and slapping them together with an inside part time shift. That's right, they're absorbing all the part time air routes into newly minted 22-3 positions. The bids are out already.
Depends where you are we’ve had those for years and we are eliminating those. Going back to strictly inside.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Can you explain to me what part of the economy is doing poorly, how it is bidens fault, and what trump would do differently to make it better?

Thank you
What part of the economy is doing poorly???

Dude. Our volume went off a cliff.
People aren't shipping, which means we have to deal with layoffs.

My route should have 200+ pickup pieces a day now, and I'm barely hitting 70.

Pretending the economy is doing well is disingenuous.

HarryWarden

So what did Biden do that caused this, and what would trump do differently that would fix it?

If you don't have any scenery right now
You are big trouble

nWo

That sounds like a win?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So what did Biden do that caused this, and what would trump do differently that would fix it?
I'm not going to defend Trump's fiscal responsibility.

You lumped a stupid question in with a valid question, and I answered the stupid one.

I'm not in the habit of idolizing and defending politicians, and as a general rule, UPS discussions would not be the place for me to do that.

Thebrownblob

I'm not going to defend Trump's fiscal responsibility.

You lumped a stupid question in with a valid question, and I answered the stupid one.

I'm not in the habit of idolizing and defending politicians, and as a general rule, UPS discussions would not be the place for me to do that.
Exactly right, I won’t defend either of them, but Biden is in charge right now and the buck stops with him. The amount of suffering in the middle-class is only getting more extreme by the day. The things we take for granted today are going to be out of each for normal people. Those that say the economy is great must really love the rich elite fleeing us with this stock market. Most people can’t buy groceries with a great stock market.

HarryWarden

Exactly right, I won’t defend either of them, but Biden is in charge right now and the buck stops with him. The amount of suffering in the middle-class is only getting more extreme by the day. The things we take for granted today are going to be out of each for normal people. Those that say the economy is great must really love the rich elite fleeing us with this stock market. Most people can’t buy groceries with a great stock market.
No one is offering a solution, or even saying what the problem is though.

FromOffTheStreets

No one is offering a solution, or even saying what the problem is though.
The problem is we as a country are $34 trillion in debt. The super rich are hiding their $. The super poor aren't working because of the low pay (they can get more from the govt for doing nothing) & we imported 8 million more low skilled "immigrants" who are going to siphon off more $. We are giving billions to other countries for "influence" & to fight proxy wars. That's just a couple things.

No president of either party is going to solve anything. There is no way to solve it. We have 3 options. 1. Eventually fall off the financial cliff. 2. Get World War 3 going. 3. Give up our freedom & national sovereignty to a world government in a complete global reset.

Thebrownblob

The problem is we as a country are $34 trillion in debt. The super rich are hiding their $. The super poor aren't working because of the low pay (they can get more from the govt for doing nothing) & we imported 8 million more low skilled "immigrants" who are going to siphon off more $. We are giving billions to other countries for "influence" & to fight proxy wars. That's just a couple things.

No president of either party is going to solve anything. There is no way to solve it. We have 3 options. 1. Eventually fall off the financial cliff. 2. Get World War 3 going. 3. Give up our freedom & national sovereignty to a world government in a complete global reset.
I’m not sure either party wants to solve it.