All good kids love milk!!!!!!!!!!!

Brownfrown

Given enough time and crackers, I could probably train a parakeet to recite the 10-point commentary. That would not make the parakeet a safe driver...but it would help the parakeets boss pass an audit.

I think the frustration is not that the information itself is wrong....its the fact that, at UPS, safety begins and ends with the ability to recite acronyms.

This should be carved in a stone somewhere. :yesssmileyf:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In 27 years of holding a drivers license and 24 years of being a UPS driver I have never been in any sort of a traffic accident. Other than one speeding ticket that I got back in 1986, my driving record is absolutely clean. Neither of those accomplishments have anything to do with reciting acronyms.

Cementups

Box Monkey
In 27 years of holding a drivers license and 24 years of being a UPS driver I have never been in any sort of a traffic accident. Other than one speeding ticket that I got back in 1986, my driving record is absolutely clean. Neither of those accomplishments have anything to do with reciting acronyms.

While you may not be driving down the road on a daily basis reciting all these acronyms and what they stand for, I am pretty sure they have made all of us better and safer drivers. Accidents are just that. Accidents. We may have the knowledge and training to "expect the unexpected" but unfortunately everyone else doesn't. Safety by choice, not by chance.

menotyou

bella amicizia
What is amazing is how much more aware we are than other drivers. I hate riding with others; I do it, and grit my teeth the whole time.:panicsmiley:

menotyou

bella amicizia
We need an acronym thread that list what they all mean. That would be more helpful to a newbie than, "Fresh meat!"

(That's me picking on me, if you didn't catch it.):smartass:

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can be perfect, but everybody around you is friggin' nuts....texting & drifting to bump door handles with you!!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
"Drive at a brisk pace, don't speed!"
"Aim high in steering" You may have seen the cop before he saw you!
"Get the big picture" Keeps you away from billboards. All cops like to hide behind billboards!
"Keep your eyes moving" Occasionally scan upwards for that eye in the sky.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Be nice. You should be proud of Rocket---1,500 posts comprised of the most random use of the letters in the English alphabet, with little thought given to structure, grammar, punctuation or substance. Kudos.

Rocket is awesome.
Rocket tells it like it is and makes you think about his statement.

Rocket is awesome.
Rocket tells it like it is and makes you think about his statement.

I concur. I envision Rocket like Jim Ignatowski on "Taxi"
images

He'll make you say WTF? but if you give it a minute you'll realize he has a point.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Most of the sups,are " Paid Observers" !! They memorize these safety things,but have no real stick time and would panic in an instant when faced with the daily grind of a P/C drivers daily world !! Back when I started ,most sups drove for several yrs ,then moved on to mngmnt!! todays sups are a new breed!! read from a book blagh blagh blagh !!
I wouldnt want to ride shot gun with any of them !!
yes most accidents are avoidable, but in some instances ,you can only think for the other guy ,,you can't stop him !!