Almost helper time.. best and worst. You had

StoptheAct1212

Best, i had a driver that was not able to drive due to a problem with their license.
He had the key,i had the fob. We didnt need to talk, we both nee exactly what to do...
Was not fair,we busted it out. best peak ever

Worst... too many to post.
But i recieved a text in the morning.
"Hey are we working today?, its supposed to rain all day...."
Need i say more..

Cementups

Box Monkey
I disagree, last year I had a bad helper. He only worked 3 days a week.

I was half kidding. But in the end, a good leader can make the best out of a bad situation.

I start my helpers off with the same thing every year. I tell them first off, "You are my b1t¢h for the next two months. Do you understand? I drive and you run packages." As long as they understand the relationship then it's usually pretty successful.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
There's no such thing as a bad helper. The driver should be the one in question.

Ok so how's this for a helper. They gave me an almost 50 year old woman with the walk speed of a sloth who would ask for help with packages over 30 lbs. Every couple stops or so I would notice she's taking longer than usual to come back. I'd go look for her and she's smoking a cigarette on the customers porch. She would attempt to close the door after every stop to which I commanded her to leave it open. Then she started to bitch about the cold while we were driving. Asked at the end of the day how she did. I just told her that she'd probably be on a different route tomorrow since my cousin was gonna help me tomorrow (a total lie). After that day, I made it a point to make sure I get a physically able helper that doesn't smoke.

upschuck

My best helper was my preloader. This was before EDD, and he knew what was on truck, and where it was.

They learned long ago to give me good ones.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1jY17o.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Best helper I ever had was fresh out of high school and won state championships for 100M dash and hurdles. He could catch greased lightning....

Never had a worst helper, but my second best was fresh out of high school, and she was cute as a button :p

Cementups

Box Monkey
My worst helpers didn't show up another day.
I've had helpers that started off as awesome but slowly started to take my niceness for granted and slacked off toward the end. It was a good thing we were near the end.
I had two helpers that would be considered my best helpers:

----The first was 61 years old. I was worried at first but after our first day together I knew we would be a good fit together. His name was Harry. I would pick him up at his house everyday and he was always outside waiting for me and ready to roll. The first day we almost got stuck on the slightest decline in only an inch of snow in one of those single rear end P7's. Once we got out and got moving he says, "If this happens all the time then drop me off now cause I'm done." I assured him that was the first time I got stuck in close to a decade so we were good. Then a few hours later he slipped and fell on someone's sidewalk. I was for sure he was done after that. When I dropped him off later he says, "You'll be here tomorrow at the same time to pick me up?" I knew we were good.

---- The second was 22 years old and also worked twilight in the hub. I told him before he even started with me, "Just to be clear, you're my bit¢h for the next 2 months." he said, "no problem, I get it." He was awesome from the first second. No double guessing what I said when I pointed where to go. The only thing he asked me was if we could not take lunch while he was with me because he would rather be working and get paid than sitting still. I told him no problem, I would take my lunch at the end of the day after I dropped him off as long as we made an agreement......we would take turns every day making sammiches (lunch) for each other to eat along the way while we worked. Deal!!!! This kid would even work for me from 11-4, then go in the hub and work twilight and sometimes they would ask him to work doubles and work midnight. The he would be right back in the truck with me the next day. He was a machine. he was helper for two years and he was the only helper I ever had that also got tipped at Christmas by customers. The next year I lost my bid and once he found out that I wouldn't be on the route anymore he signed the list for Feeders and has been there ever since.

opey

my helper last year was born the same day as me... literally same day same year. he was good too, but i heard plenty of nightmare stories from other guys