Am I entitled to work every day?

I am a PT Loader and I am only getting 2-3 days per week. I've been working here for around 6 months now and there are 2 people under me on seniority. It seems like our Sup's just schedule whoever is most convenient for them, and almost always layoff new workers rather than ask people higher on the seniority list. It is a very small hub and I'm struggling to get 10 hours per week.

So am I entitled to work a certain amount of hours per week? I always demand my 3.5 when I do get called in to work that day.

WTFm8

You can also ask higher seniority employees to take voluntary layoff for a day a week or every other week so you can get that time IF everybody else ahead of you was working.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
I am a PT Loader and I am only getting 2-3 days per week. I've been working here for around 6 months now and there are 2 people under me on seniority. It seems like our Sup's just schedule whoever is most convenient for them, and almost always layoff new workers rather than ask people higher on the seniority list. It is a very small hub and I'm struggling to get 10 hours per week.

So am I entitled to work a certain amount of hours per week? I always demand my 3.5 when I do get called in to work that day.
Go in. Clock in. Ur entitled 3.5 hours of work minimum.
U have more seniority so if they send you home but keep the other 2 the u need to grieve theeeeee :censored2: outta it. Grieve everything.
Stick around, see if u notice sups working, grieve it boo boo!!!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

There was never a week where our average hours were lower than 5/day, average week above 25 hours. Back when the wage was $12, we would be working 35 hours easily.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Learn how seniority works.
It is a tremendously simple concept

So from what I understand from your responses, I'm not guaranteed to work unless there are people who are under me on seniority working. So if they want to only work me 1 day a week then there's nothing I can do about it.(Unless they're working people that are under me on the list) Also they don't have us come into work everyday, they will call us and tell us to stay home if they don't need us. So I never really know if they worked the people under me until I come in the next day.

I'm going to start coming in everyday whether they tell me to stay home or not. And like WTFM8 said I'll ask the guys above me if they want the day off if I'm laidoff the day.

MarvelousMunata

So from what I understand from your responses, I'm not guaranteed to work unless there are people who are under me on seniority working. So if they want to only work me 1 day a week then there's nothing I can do about it.(Unless they're working people that are under me on the list) Also they don't have us come into work everyday, they will call us and tell us to stay home if they don't need us. So I never really know if they worked the people under me until I come in the next day.

I'm going to start coming in everyday whether they tell me to stay home or not. And like WTFM8 said I'll ask the guys above me if they want the day off if I'm laidoff the day.
Noooooo.

Once u clock in they HAVE to give u ur 3.5 regardless. ((Check with ur stewards))

When u come in and they send u home its a senioeirt ciolatikn regardless because they didnt ask the people with higher seniority if they wanted to go home first.

barnyard

KTM rider
There should be a weekly schedule with start times. Show up for all days that you are scheduled. If there is no weekly schedule posted, ask for it to be posted (this is a contract item). Then show up. Either turn your phone off or do not answer it, just show up. When you show up and punch in at your scheduled time, you are guaranteed 3.5 hours per day. If you want that work, when done, you will have to demand it. Just say, "Uh, I need my 3.5 hour guarantee today." They will find something for you to do.

upschuck

Noooooo.

Once u clock in they HAVE to give u ur 3.5 regardless. ((Check with ur stewards))

When u come in and they send u home its a senioeirt ciolatikn regardless because they didnt ask the people with higher seniority if they wanted to go home first.
That is only if you have a start time.

MarvelousMunata

You are scheduled tues to sat or monday to fri. You dont have a start time? Doesnt matter. Ur still scheduled to work.
They cant have new hires working and not you. You have seniority.

MarvelousMunata

Look to see what time they are bringing in the new hires. Take the earlier time and startup. If they try to send you home, say no and claim your seniority. They have to send the new hires home not you.