Am I gettin' got?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Unless it's in the offer letter swings don't work Saturdays (unless it's peak) management tried to tell a few swings they would have to work Saturday to get there guaranteed hours and all it took was 1 call to HR and all of a sudden they had 40 hours that week.

of course in a small station generally we don't have most of the issues that a lot of you guys run into

Management can get away with whatever hourlies allow them to. I'm at a very large station. They don't get away with it here either.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Home before 3? With the exception of Saturday's I don't even think our part timers get home before 3. Getting off road between 5-6 is the normal thing at my station

Guy next to me is done and off the road by 1400 EVERY day, according to my dispatchers. Only reason I don't make an issue of it is because I like him and he loads my truck. Back in the day, I would have made a big deal. Our part timers MUST be off the clock by 11:00 every day. Management sends a daily reminder of that plus all the other stupid stuff they feel the need to remind us of, EVERY FRICKING DAY. LOL

R

RuralRoute

"We're all Ground now"... I'll have to remember that one. Makes sense in just about every aspect I can think of. Interesting.

whenIgetthere

So I was hired on at a medium-sized station after leaving my former ramp last summer. When I started, the big wave of old heads retiring was in full effect, opening up several routes. Management decided to "reorganize" the routes to condensed versions in an attempt to keep new hires at a minimum. As a result, I was trained on several routes and caught on to them quickly. I was thinking of using this to my advantage in the future when a swing driver job comes up. I have a set route--- sort of.

When a driver is needed on a route, I'm usually the go-to. But lately I've been thinking... I'm doing the job of a swing driver, but only as a regular courier.

Am I "getting got" by management? I feel as if I should be made a swing driver since I technically AM doing swing duties, which is supposed to include a buck and some change extra an hour.

I'm fully aware of the infamous catch all "operational needs", but am I being thrown for a loop so management can save some cash?

What do yall think?

Well the real answer is you're getting screwed!

Purplepackage

Guy next to me is done and off the road by 1400 EVERY day, according to my dispatchers. Only reason I don't make an issue of it is because I like him and he loads my truck. Back in the day, I would have made a big deal. Our part timers MUST be off the clock by 11:00 every day. Management sends a daily reminder of that plus all the other stupid stuff they feel the need to remind us of, EVERY FRICKING DAY. LOL

We do have a few guys who are done early, but they don't do pick ups and one guy basically has a mall route so that's as easy as it gets during non peak time. And since my station is small we only have 2 AM part timers so we basically need them running p1 and p2 most days

dezguy

Hell no I don't believe in the GFT process. It's a joke. I DO, however, believe in standing up for yourself. It's kept me from getting screwed over for many years now. Management leaves me alone. Life is good. :)

And yes, WAGN.
Dear God, this!

Management hates having to talk to me because they know if I don't agree with something, it's gonna be a fight. I can't tell you the last time my manager has talked to me outside of asking how I'm doing. Stand up for yourself and they'll leave you alone because it isn't work the hassle for them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So I was hired on at a medium-sized station after leaving my former ramp last summer. When I started, the big wave of old heads retiring was in full effect, opening up several routes. Management decided to "reorganize" the routes to condensed versions in an attempt to keep new hires at a minimum. As a result, I was trained on several routes and caught on to them quickly. I was thinking of using this to my advantage in the future when a swing driver job comes up. I have a set route--- sort of.

When a driver is needed on a route, I'm usually the go-to. But lately I've been thinking... I'm doing the job of a swing driver, but only as a regular courier.

Am I "getting got" by management? I feel as if I should be made a swing driver since I technically AM doing swing duties, which is supposed to include a buck and some change extra an hour.

I'm fully aware of the infamous catch all "operational needs", but am I being thrown for a loop so management can save some cash?

What do yall think?

Do you even have to ask?