Am I gettin' got?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dear God, this!

Management hates having to talk to me because they know if I don't agree with something, it's gonna be a fight. I can't tell you the last time my manager has talked to me outside of asking how I'm doing. Stand up for yourself and they'll leave you alone because it isn't work the hassle for them.

So true. The bullies usually won't pick on someone who they know will put up a good fight. deguy gives sage advice here...make sure causing you a problem will create an even bigger problem for them.

Serf

Home before 3? With the exception of Saturday's I don't even think our part timers get home before 3. Getting off road between 5-6 is the normal thing at my station
We have a ton of very senior employees that work 0645/7 ish to 1430/1500 than run out the door. Some even dump P2's to do so. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Purplepackage

We have a ton of very senior employees that work 0645/7 ish to 1430/1500 than run out the door. Some even dump P2's to do so. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

It's funny at my station the topped out guys are actually the ones out there the longest trying to get as much OT as possible all week. And they get it too, we have 2 topped out guys that always volunteer to work Saturday and they are always scheduled

morgan

to clarify, when someone becomes a swing it is not a $1 an hour bump up anymore. it is a percentage of your current rate. most people would prob get .60-.75. and its been like that for a while now. you do get a .30 an hour swing differential in a separate category in your check. also according to fedex policy in the additional hours section swings are not to be used in any draft for forced hours ie: Saturdays. but apparently my senior didn't read that section as he's trying to force everyone, swings included, to work Saturdays!

Serf

It's funny at my station the topped out guys are actually the ones out there the longest trying to get as much OT as possible all week. And they get it too, we have 2 topped out guys that always volunteer to work Saturday and they are always scheduled
Easy money. And you get cart blanche as a 25 + year guy/gal.