Am i getting ripped off for pay? Driver Helper information Thread

I feel like i can get paid more.

I like the job but sometimes i feel like i am working for nothing.

I do not get breaks, so i feel like the company just deducts lunch time from my pay check. keep in mind that i do get to eat in between stops and sometimes i do get bath room breaks which allows me to eat more. ( i always pack my own lunch and snacks )

things i can do to improve my hours are to work a bit slower. i guess i work a bit too fast , and when you work too fast, you get go home sooner hence the less hours. actually, some customers have told me that i am always in rush.

i was told about bonus pay, so if i am making 12.95, they will add an extra 100 dollars to my check so it becomes *19.65... personally, i barely see that..

I currently work as part timer but it is almost like full time. i have no problem doing 40-50 hours per week. i will be more vocal to my supervisors and what not.

please note that i was a full time driver but during training, i was in a car accident (not my fault) then my position got reduced to driver helper. i did it manually such as talking to the HR manager because that is what the supervisor advise me to do. Some of my co-workers said that was a bad move and i should have went to the union even though i am not a union member as of yet due to probation period.

share me some tips on how i can make more money as a driver helper. keep in mind that Canada Post (Federal Company) is on strike. They have a 35 day backlog and they are always in the news. it is a big deal for some people because of the Christmas season.

here is the Job Listing
YXPXDZE.png

Stub Info
NYlYugg.png

Find out what your inside and helper rates are. Count your hours for inside and helper aswell.
It is hard for me to talk to the inside because i meet the driver at a meet point so i do not get to go to the hub.

I will count my hours through a cell phone app and i will make sure it matches the online system.

Other wise, i do not mind this job and i guess a lot of companies will either hire in January, so in the mean time, i will apply to job sites through cell phone applications.

It is a good idea to apply to jobs while I am still working. At least i am still making money, so everything is great!

Still, i feel like a total loser when i realize how much the full time driver makes. The driver gets to drive all day, and here and there, he gets to sort out the packages. I do all of the lifting and delivering.

PS: i do realize that driving is not that always hard nor easy. it can be dangerous and perhaps soothing. the pay comparison is quite shocking between the driver and the helper. Yes, in this industry, veterans do make money like a king and us new comers get treated like minions.

anyways, i keep my mouth shut and people love me when i do my job because they get to see me and perhaps interact. i get told all the time that i am better than the competition some times, and that good things will happen to me after a few months because this is a major learning experience. i will get better opportunities either within the company or else where. That is the reason why i stay so calm, positive, and stay focused on the job. I keep reminding myself to be super professional as much as i can. and yes, i have been told that i should become a police officer LOL. I guess that is a good thing because the residents like to live in a peaceful and safe neighborhood. you never know what you can stumble on to during your work hours. you can't just assume that every person or every resident is peaceful. shady people are everywhere for all you know. that is how i see it.

i secretly love my job. sure, it may look easy or difficult at times, but boy, do i love the fresh air. i get to lose weight. i get to eat lot of healthy food. i get told that what i am doing is great because people just love to shop. so this job is mandatory for society.

Last edited:

specter208

Ask your driver for the the building dispatch number. Get that number and talk to a sup or helper coordinator and ask if you can go help another driver after you are done with the first. Be positive and know that the driver you are helping started the same as you.

Ask your driver for the the building dispatch number. Get that number and talk to a sup or helper coordinator and ask if you can go help another driver after you are done with the first. Be positive and know that the driver you are helping started the same as you.
I have the phone number to the main manager, and the supervisor. I can ask them to increase the pay and i can also ask them to work with another driver. However, i am not too sure if working with another driver will help because the pay rate may be the same. If the driver tells the manager or supervisor to lower my pay rate, that is a huge problem for me.

When you said "ask them if i can work with another driver", are you saying that i should ask them when my shift is over?

ps: i could perhaps do overtime like on Saturdays. I have never done Saturday work but it could be a good idea. i will ask the higher ups

Dude. Drivers make the money they make for a reason.
I know that. I am not focused on the driver. I am focused on my self. how do I make more money? i am glad that the driver is willing to work with me because he probably sees me as some low life or a miserable bastard who doesn't know any better.

and yes, i do have to put up with his :censored2: as well but it is not like we are fighting or anything. actually, the best days are when we do not talk to each other. if we do talk, we try to talk about tv shows or movies. maybe some nerd stuff. that's about it.

specter208

I have the phone number to the main manager, and the supervisor. I can ask them to increase the pay and i can also ask them to work with another driver. However, i am not too sure if working with another driver will help because the pay rate may be the same. If the driver tells the manager or supervisor to lower my pay rate, that is a huge problem for me.

When you said "ask them if i can work with another driver", are you saying that i should ask them when my shift is over?

ps: i could perhaps do overtime like on Saturdays. I have never done Saturday work but it could be a good idea. i will ask the higher ups
Yes, I highly doubt they would increase your pay rate unless you have solid proof that you are supposed to be paid more per hour for being a driver helper. After Black Friday I don't think they would have an issue with you doing another shift with another driver after you are done helping the first one.

Also, don't pay any attention to these clowns that aren't being helpful to you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I feel like i can get paid more.

I like the job but sometimes i feel like i am working for nothing.

I do not get breaks, so i feel like the company just deducts lunch time from my pay check. keep in mind that i do get to eat in between stops and sometimes i do get bath room breaks which allows me to eat more. ( i always pack my own lunch and snacks )

things i can do to improve my hours are to work a bit slower. i guess i work a bit too fast , and when you work too fast, you get go home sooner hence the less hours. actually, some customers have told me that i am always in rush.

i was told about bonus pay, so if i am making 12.95, they will add an extra 100 dollars to my check so it becomes *19.65... personally, i barely see that..

I currently work as part timer but it is almost like full time. i have no problem doing 40-50 hours per week. i will be more vocal to my supervisors and what not.

please note that i was a full time driver but during training, i was in a car accident (not my fault) then my position got reduced to driver helper. i did it manually such as talking to the HR manager because that is what the supervisor advise me to do. Some of my co-workers said that was a bad move and i should have went to the union even though i am not a union member as of yet due to probation period.

share me some tips on how i can make more money as a driver helper. keep in mind that Canada Post (Federal Company) is on strike. They have a 35 day backlog and they are always in the news. it is a big deal for some people because of the Christmas season.

here is the Job Listing
YXPXDZE.png

Stub Info
NYlYugg.png
giphy-1.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It is hard for me to talk to the inside because i meet the driver at a meet point so i do not get to go to the hub.

I will count my hours through a cell phone app and i will make sure it matches the online system.

Other wise, i do not mind this job and i guess a lot of companies will either hire in January, so in the mean time, i will apply to job sites through cell phone applications.

It is a good idea to apply to jobs while I am still working. At least i am still making money, so everything is great!

Still, i feel like a total loser when i realize how much the full time driver makes. The driver gets to drive all day, and here and there, he gets to sort out the packages. I do all of the lifting and delivering.

PS: i do realize that driving is not that always hard nor easy. it can be dangerous and perhaps soothing. the pay comparison is quite shocking between the driver and the helper. Yes, in this industry, veterans do make money like a king and us new comers get treated like minions.

anyways, i keep my mouth shut and people love me when i do my job because they get to see me and perhaps interact. i get told all the time that i am better than the competition some times, and that good things will happen to me after a few months because this is a major learning experience. i will get better opportunities either within the company or else where. That is the reason why i stay so calm, positive, and stay focused on the job. I keep reminding myself to be super professional as much as i can. and yes, i have been told that i should become a police officer LOL. I guess that is a good thing because the residents like to live in a peaceful and safe neighborhood. you never know what you can stumble on to during your work hours. you can't just assume that every person or every resident is peaceful. shady people are everywhere for all you know. that is how i see it.

i secretly love my job. sure, it may look easy or difficult at times, but boy, do i love the fresh air. i get to lose weight. i get to eat lot of healthy food. i get told that what i am doing is great because people just love to shop. so this job is mandatory for society.
you are a fake