Am I in the union?

ive been working at ups for about a month and a half now, union dues and initiation fees have been taken out of my checks. So am I in the union or no?
If you are paying initiation fees and Union dues you had better be in the Union. Or ask for your money back. What are initiation fees where you are.

rod

Retired 22 years
Union dues are listed on your pay check stub under deductions.
They always were listed on the check but the following week we would get an official paper receipt from the union as proof that UPS had turned the money they had collected for the dues over to them. It was about the only hard evidence you had to prove that your dues had been paid to the Union for that month. Just because it is printed on the check don't mean the Union has received it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They always were listed on the check but the following week we would get an official paper receipt from the union as proof that UPS had turned the money they had collected for the dues over to them. It was about the only hard evidence you had to prove that your dues had been paid to the Union for that month. Just because it is printed on the check don't mean the Union has received it.

We get ours quarterly.

Justaloader

Aren't you supposed to get a union card? I haven't hit my 30 days yet, but was told once I do, I'll receive a union card and dues will start being taken out (25 a week).