Am I literally the last guy to find out Scott Price

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Am i Literally the last person on earth to find out Scott Price, our new transformation dude worked for ....wait for it. DHL. That right between his time at Walmart and. Coke he was a Senior VP at DHL. And now he gets the opportunity to "Transform" UPS and he reports only to you guessed it D. Abney. So my honest question is how much influence did he have in the transformation of our contract, because anyone how says he didn't is just lying to themselfs to feel better

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Am i Literally the last person on earth to find out Scott Price, our new transformation dude worked for ....wait for it. DHL. That right between his time at Walmart and. Coke he was a Senior VP at DHL. And now he gets the opportunity to "Transform" UPS and he reports only to you guessed it D. Abney. So my honest question is how much influence did he have in the transformation of our contract, because anyone how says he didn't is just lying to themselfs to feel better
Luddite

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Dear Mr. OMJ
Hummmmm, im a guy who loves research while i have skin in this game and that brings with it a bit of passion to my conversations, i normally approach things from a matter of fact perspective. All the information ive gathered and disclosed and have yet to disclose, is simply for several personal reasons.
1. I hate being blindsided, i despise management for withholding information from younger guys time and time again that could improve there lives. In the past, i haven't been bothered by what i perceive as a lack of union involvement. However, this contract changed that so now im involved.
2. I love technology, im more comfortable at a tech conference talking with nerds than at a union meeting. When Orion came out i read every professional math journal and publication i could get a hold of. I talked about the math with past professors at the college i attended. Ive held professional licenses qnd worked in financial arenas. This aint my first rodeo. That being said if technology does replace me im all good, i may have to move or may choose to since the reasons that brought me to UPS and my present geography, no longer exist.

HOWEVER, dude im not without a heart or compassion there are many both on and off BC who are only following along because no one is standing up saying this is the truth this is the reason behind the direction rhe company and union are going.

Real men run into the fire and out it out not because their afraid or scared but because, someone needs to protect and help those who cant or dont know how to help themselfs.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
My apologies if my post slighted you in any way.

I agree very strongly on the despicable acts of withholding the future of an employee’s future with UPS.
Your belief that UPS Management at the District level is not telling the truth about where the company is headed is unfounded. They don’t have a clue unless they can read between the lines.

I remember overhearing a couple of higher ups talking about saying I was too smart for my own good. They were talking about changes in the company direction that they knew about and that I had already figured out without being told.
I never bought into the company propaganda especially about UPS employees being UPS’s most important asset.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Scott is trying to be the next CEO or at least CIO.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Scott is trying to be the next CEO or at least CIO.
Old Man Jingles. I most humbly accept your apology, i slammed the door hard as it were and perhaps to harshly. You didnt so much slight me, as i might indicate. We, all of us dont really know each other. That being said i do hold in the highest regard those who think for themselfs and dont accept party lines. I try to live by the moto moto trust but verify. Actually you did me a favor in a way, you got my brain out of track it was on. And that omj is hard to do. Thank you for your reply. I promised my baby lunch as a break from all this.

Ps she told me weeks ago that if we dont kick UPSs ass im in trouble because ive been spending a lot of time helping others see the things UPS and the Union aren't talking about instead of with her. And she right, id much rather be by her side anywhere anytime but my grandfather was a marine, my father was raised by a marine,... i just an who i am. So omj its time for lunch and then all of us men and woman need to lock ranks and run into a fire

Alot

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Or i just might go back into finance. However, my baby hated the hours.
70 hr was a short week in those days i was putting in north of 80.hrs burning it at both ends
Most UPSers have no idea how many hours other company's people work who are bringing home as much as a UPS Driver or UPS management (management in the old days).

If you want to work some long hours, start your own business.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Scott A. Price <----This is a link to Bloomberg
Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer, United Parcel Service, Inc.
Age 56
In March 2018, Scott assumed additional responsibilities including Strategy for UPS.
Scott and his teams are responsible for strategic planning, global business services, mergers and acquisitions and driving and facilitating transformational change.
These efforts include identifying and executing opportunities for profitable growth within existing business units and in new markets and product segments through the identification of resources that may be redirected to the highest strategic benefit and greatest shareholder value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPS Pressroom's announcement of Scott Price in November 2017:
UPS (NYSE: UPS) today announced Scott A. Price will join the company as Chief Transformation Officer, effective December 11, 2017. He will also join the UPS Management Committee, the company’s senior-most leadership group. Price will report to UPS Chairman and Chief Executive Officer David Abney and will be based at the company’s global headquarters in Atlanta.

Price is currently Executive Vice President, Global Leverage for Walmart, based in Bentonville, AR. He has extensive corporate leadership experience in senior roles for Walmart, DHL Express International and The Coca-Cola Company, spanning his near 30-year professional career. He has deep international credentials and served in country marketing, country operations, regional senior operations and regional administrative management roles in both Asia and Europe for previous employers. Price is credited with restructuring operations, driving significant acquisitions and leading expansive growth in past assignments. He brings broad international operations, transportation, logistics, procurement, I.T. and supply chain experience to his new role at UPS.

The UPS Chief Transformation Officer role is a newly created position and Price is charged with driving and facilitating organizational change that will help UPS to both identify and execute opportunities for profitable growth within its existing business units and in yet-untapped markets and product segments. The company is establishing this role to accelerate its transformation by identifying strategies to prioritize resources and direct investment for the greatest strategic benefit and long-term shareholder return. Early in 2017, the company announced plans for extensive upgrades to its Smart Global Logistics Network, enhancing capacity and efficiency through the use of state-of-the-art processes, information technology and automation.

“Scott has a proven track record of driving and facilitating organizational change at large complex multinational corporations where growth beyond the mature core business was imperative for the company to remain on a path to long-term success,” said Abney. “His diverse career experience will be invaluable as he helps UPS leaders move quickly with the implementation of highly-concentrated growth projects as well as related transformation.”

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I think it’s a done deal that he will be the next CEO. Now they put a guy in charge of the change to zero based budgeting who reports to both Peretz and Price. Hmmm....
Price thinks all the different team members report to him.

I was a project manager or project team member on many projects. ... I always knew where my allegiance laid ... with the person that determined my raise.

That’s just the reality of projects within a Corporation with its typical Chain of Command structure.

jagger john

Most UPSers have no idea how many hours other company's people work who are bringing home as much as a UPS Driver or UPS management (management in the old days).

If you want to work some long hours, start your own business.
most people dont move 20.000 lbs freight by hand 13 hrs a day in 140 degree truck walking 18 20 miles a day

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Dear Mr. OMJ,
Hummmmm ... I'm a guy who loves research while I have skin in this game and that brings with it a bit of passion to my conversations, I normally approach things from a matter of fact perspective. All the information I've gathered and disclosed and have yet to disclose, is simply for several personal reasons.

1. I hate being blindsided, i despise management for withholding information from younger guys time and time again that could improve there lives. In the past, I haven't been bothered by what i perceive as a lack of union involvement. However, this contract changed that so now I'm involved.

2. I love technology, I'm more comfortable at a tech conference talking with nerds than at a union meeting. When Orion came out i read every professional math journal and publication i could get a hold of. I talked about the math with past professors at the college i attended. I've held professional licenses and worked in financial arenas. This ain't my first rodeo. That being said if technology does replace me I'm all good, I may have to move or may choose to since the reasons that brought me to UPS and my present geography, no longer exist.

HOWEVER, dude im not without a heart or compassion there are many both on and off BC who are only following along because no one is standing up saying this is the truth this is the reason behind the direction rhe company and union are going.

Real men run into the fire and put it out, not because their afraid or scared but because, someone needs to protect and help those who cant or don't know how to help themselves.
Dear Mr. OMJ, (your cultured)
Hummmmm ... I'm a guy who loves research while I have skin in this game and that brings with it a bit of passion to my conversations, I normally approach things from a matter of fact perspective. All the information I've gathered and disclosed and have yet to disclose, is simply for several personal reasons. (Prudent)

1. I hate being blindsided, I despise management for withholding information from younger guys time and time again that could improve there lives. (I'm with ya)

In the past, I haven't been bothered by what I perceive as a lack of union involvement. However, this contract changed that so now I'm involved.
(proper motivation)

2. I love technology, I'm more comfortable at a tech conference talking with nerds than at a union meeting. When Orion came out I read every professional math journal and publication I could get a hold of. I talked about the math with past professors at the college I attended.
I've held professional licenses and worked in financial arenas.
This ain't my first rodeo. That being said if technology does replace me I'm all good, I may have to move or may choose to since the reasons that brought me to UPS and my present geography, no longer exist.

HOWEVER, Dude, I'm not without a heart or compassion as there are many both on and off BC who are only following along because no one is standing up saying this is the truth this is the reason behind the direction the company and union are going. (Laudable)

Real men run into the fire and put it out, not because their afraid or scared but because, someone needs to protect and help those who cant or don't know how to help themselves. (Republican?)