Clocked out but was being forced to punch back in. (I am a driver)

UPSER1987

Lesson learned

You punched out under eight and lingered around the warehouse when there was still more work to do. Next time, get back to the building, punch out, and leave the building. I dont understand when people crush the route and rush back just to sit in the diad room and hang out.
Yep. See it all the time. All that running just to sit in a hot funky office at the end of the day. So stupid.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
Why would you want to penalize one of your brothers? Mind your own business- you get paid by the hour.
Forgive me for sounding like I want to penalize my brothers or sisters, not the case. Just irks me a little when dispatching is so uneven; OMS sees the same rabbits punching out at 1600, and still asks me to run misloads when I'm done at 1900.
100% agree with you about myob.
My own business is minded as there are no complaints to mgmt, or other drivers for that matter. I just sit back and earn that ot. Being annoyed and voicing that annoyance to your immediate coworkers are two different things.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Personally if I'm punched out and management comes up to me and tells me to punch back in I'm leaving also. I'm off the clock and no longer under your direction. Threaten me all you want.
Nothing better than telling them no.

Had this happen with a few 8 hour requests and returning to the building after finishing a full day.

You have to go help so and so. No I don’t. Buh bye.

542thruNthru

Forgive me for sounding like I want to penalize my brothers or sisters, not the case. Just irks me a little when dispatching is so uneven; OMS sees the same rabbits punching out at 1600, and still asks me to run misloads when I'm done at 1900.
100% agree with you about myob.
My own business is minded as there are no complaints to mgmt, or other drivers for that matter. I just sit back and earn that ot. Being annoyed and voicing that annoyance to your immediate coworkers are two different things.
He doesn't care about you penalizing drivers. He cares about his numbers. If you force the runner lunch skipper to do the extra work he'll get yelled at on the conference call.

Whither

Scofflaw
Nothing better than telling them no.

Had this happen with a few 8 hour requests and returning to the building after finishing a full day.

You have to go help so and so. No I don’t. Buh bye.
I understand why some advise "Work as directed first, file later". But it's much more satisfying to settle things on the spot.

Shorts365

I understand why some advise "Work as directed first, file later". But it's much more satisfying to settle things on the spot.
Mang, on more than one occasion I’ve heard openly a sup say to “just work as instructed and grieve it” because whatever it is is more important than not paying out the grieve.

Fuzzy Brown

Unless your contract indicates otherwise if you are on property and off the clock management can start you early or put you back on the clock if you refuse you can be fired for gross insubordination.

clean hairy

When you punch out, get out as quick as Road Runner trying to get away From wyl e. Coyote!
I wonder though, being told to work as directed, yet am off the clock and on personal time....