am i ok to have a beard for orientation (seasonal driver helper)?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Yeah they said I would not be needed until Black Friday. Thanks for the advice guys, I've decided to wait to shave.

Next question, do you think he'd report me if the driver I was helping saw I had a beard?
image.jpg

watdaflock?

If you hate razors at least use some clippers (no extension) and keep it short.

imo - Your first appearance (apparel, tattoo's/piercing) and answering the questions correctly will have greater effect on your chances of getting the job than a little hair growth on your face.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
You should be most concerned if the driver likes you and wants your help.
You show up with a shaggy beard day one most likely the driver won't even let you onto his truck.
Long time driver here.

Deliver in an area with multi million dollar condos and homes.

Could care less what they look like as long as they sit down, stay quiet, follow directions, stay safe and laugh at my crass jokes.

Have had neck tats, dreadlocks, mullets, skinny, bearded, fat, smelly, men and women over the years.

Often wondered why they weren't told about appearance guidelines but decide I DGAF as long as they show up and move their bearded smelly dreadlocked mullet wearing browns clad behind when I ask them to.

You've Got Mail

I had a 6" long full beard all the way up through getting my uniform. I shaved the night before I started driver training. I now hate my face.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't care if I had a helper with a beard, because I'm a beard guy myself. I don't understand people who don't like beards. Makes as much sense as being against anyone who isn't bald.

Box Ox

My local HR folks would tell you to GTFO at the door if you show up unshaven. They can because there's no shortage of people looking for the work.

PT Car Washer

My local HR folks would tell you to GTFO at the door if you show up unshaven. They can because there's no shortage of people looking for the work.
True. But there is a big shortage of people who want to work as hard as UPS wants you to for so little money. Get a job working as a package handler and keep your beards and tats.