Amazon delivery drivers risk write-ups and injuries as they race to your door

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Amazon delivery drivers risk write-ups and injuries as they race to your door - Cnet

Amazon is hard to reach when things go wrong on a delivery route designed by the company, drivers tell CNET.

An Amazon driver's task may seem simple: Get the package from the warehouse to you. But there's a lot between pickup and delivery -- hundreds of stops, difficult parking and the call of nature -- that can put a driver behind schedule.

That's why Samantha, a driver who works for an Amazon delivery subcontractor in Northern California, invested in a pee funnel. The device, which does exactly what you think it does, lets her urinate into a container without leaving her van.

"If I drive to a bathroom I'm going to be behind by five or six stops," said Samantha, who asked to be identified only by her first name.

Samantha isn't the only Amazon driver who worries about making a pit stop. The problem is so widespread that Amazon had to acknowledge it earlier this year after climbing down from a public pissing match with Rep. Mark Pocan, who'd assailed the company for its treatment of workers. Amazon had also mixed it up with Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren over worker treatment and tax regulations in an unusually messy and public Twitter exchange.