Amazon/Fedex

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That is handled by FedEx. My wife works for a Walmart. And they have FedEx is located within their stores to ship from. Anything you order online from Walmart or jet.com already comes FedEx.
Okie dokie pal. I’ll let them know around here we don’t deliver that stuff. Thanks.

Don't get all bent out of shape. This is simply a discussion and all I was saying was don't be surprised if it's Walmart that tries to get FedEx. They're in direct competition with Amazon and what better way to do so then to take what they may be seeking and utilize it for themselves. Who would you rather have FedEx Walmart or Amazon?

OKLABob

Just keep showing up to ups till they send you home quit crying it’d be a blessing from god if they shut this :censored2: hole down it’d give me a excuse to get a job that I enjoy and won’t be in a wheel chair when I retire.

ManInBrown

Just keep showing up to ups till they send you home quit crying it’d be a blessing from god if they shut this :censored2: hole down it’d give me a excuse to get a job that I enjoy and won’t be in a wheel chair when I retire.
Or you could grow a pair and put in for feeders.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Don't be surprised if it's walmart that would buy fedex. To compete with amazon. They already do a ton of business with them and have their own logistics in place for store delivery.
The real winning ticket would be Walmart and UPS merging to completely curb stomp amazon.
Bonus points if the Walmart side unionizes in the fallout.

Here's why FedEx ditched Amazon and is throwing itself into powering Walmart's e-commerce aspirations
Screenshot_2020-01-11-22-28-20.png

barnyard

KTM rider
The real winning ticket would be Walmart and UPS merging to completely curb stomp amazon.
Bonus points if the Walmart side unionizes in the fallout.

Walmart would not allow itself to be bought by UPS because of the union thing. I know that never is a long time, but it would never happen.

Google "texas meat cutters try to unionize at walmart."

Days

The better ? Is "Why is UPS still helping Amazon, they're non union"

No idea. Some routes are going out pretty much just stuffed full of only Amazon boxes. Hubs are having to hire more staffing and work longer hours to handle the volume. I heard the profit off Amazon is actually really low.

It seems like there will be a future power struggle between Amazon and Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart actually has the resources to compete with them unlike UPS. UPS is going to be stuck in a weird place once Fedex is bought out by whoever.

542thruNthru

Walmart would not allow itself to be bought by UPS because of the union thing. I know that never is a long time, but it would never happen.

Google "texas meat cutters try to unionize at walmart."

Thank you Barnyard, I didn't know about this and it was very enlightening. It really shows how far a company will go to keep workers from unionizing. Reading just one article about it makes me sick and also makes me upset at the same time with the people I work with that can't even realize what they have by taking the time to vote.

For anyone that likes to say "why haven't we unionized FedEx, Amazon, etc, etc..."

This is a good example why it's so difficult. Companies have way more money than unions.
.. our strength is in unity and perseverance!

Wal-Mart forced to bargain, finally, with Texas meat cutters

International_Brotherhood_of_Teamsters_(emblem).png

barnyard

KTM rider
It really shows how far a company will go to keep workers from unionizing.

That cemented my decision to never go to Walmart. Locally, a Walmart received city and county money to build in a city north of me. I wrote letters to the editor in 2 local papers and put pressure on the locals to not give them any assistance. I was a voice in the wilderness. That all happened before I even started at UPS.

I still have not walked through the front door at Walmart (I have had to deliver there, which goes to the back door, so I cannot truthfully say that I have never been to Walmart.)

clean hairy

That cemented my decision to never go to Walmart. Locally, a Walmart received city and county money to build in a city north of me. I wrote letters to the editor in 2 local papers and put pressure on the locals to not give them any assistance. I was a voice in the wilderness. That all happened before I even started at UPS.

I still have not walked through the front door at Walmart (I have had to deliver there, which goes to the back door, so I cannot truthfully say that I have never been to Walmart.)
You do not order anything from Amazon, do you?