Amazon finest

clean hairy

Would be interesting if any of the retirees would do this.
Leave with a 6 hour dispatch and be done in 4.5
And NOT use the Orion prototype software they have!
Really have them scratching thier heads....

Star B

White Lightening
these people in these news storys always scream "SLOW DOWN" but they are the first ones to bitch when it's 10:31 for their air/p1.

barnyard

KTM rider
Be careful about the laughing and pointing. It is only a matter of time before a news channel does a story like that about 1 of our PVD drivers. Our center is also sending stops out with Uber drivers. I am sure a manager would say that we are doing whatever it takes to get the volume out, but at some point, 1 of these 'drivers' is going to really hurt someone.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"is there any way you could do this in the three hours?"
"No way!"
:)
24 stops, 32 pieces. Over 5 hours they said it took him.

This is why I laughed so hard last year when so many went ballistic thinking the company was going to replace the union with PVDs

Wonder how many miles that was. I did a Saturday air route recently with about that many stops/pieces and about 80 miles, got it done in three hours. If you had asked me if that was possible my first day air driving I'd have said about the same thing as that guy.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Wonder how many miles that was. I did a Saturday air route recently with about that many stops/pieces and about 80 miles, got it done in three hours. If you had asked me if that was possible my first day air driving I'd have said about the same thing as that guy.
I asked that question on youtube but christ almighty I do not think they compensate miles driven. That's $20 taken out of a $54 salary!

Heavy Package

These stories are the chicken and the egg. People don't value the cost of shipping because everything now is built in to the price of the item online. Study after study shows that people only want "free" shipping on their items online or they will look to a website that offers that.

Amazon (and others) think they know everything and can do it better / faster / cheaper. Now that they are building their network out, they will have to deal with this or just keep firing people and contractors and replacing them.

Nothing is free. You get what you pay for. Amazon treats their people like crap and it will only get worse. Those new Mercedes vans will look worse than our trucks in due time.

And if you don't think you get what you pay for - Look at our peak season hires or any help at the hub given our PT wage rates. These people are some of the seediest POS losers in society.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
These stories are the chicken and the egg. People don't value the cost of shipping because everything now is built in to the price of the item online. Study after study shows that people only want "free" shipping on their items online or they will look to a website that offers that.

Amazon (and others) think they know everything and can do it better / faster / cheaper. Now that they are building their network out, they will have to deal with this or just keep firing people and contractors and replacing them.

Nothing is free. You get what you pay for. Amazon treats their people like crap and it will only get worse. Those new Mercedes vans will look worse than our trucks in due time.

And if you don't think you get what you pay for - Look at our peak season hires or any help at the hub given our PT wage rates. These people are some of the seediest POS losers in society.
I dont understand how cops let them roll around with envelopes blocking their field of view. They blatantly break the law with 0 repercussions.

brownIEman

The miles would certainly make or break that route, but from the clips they showed it all looked suburban rather than rural. My guess is way less than 80 miles.
They simply don't get the thousands of small efficiencies that ups drivers learn to save time that have nothing to do with driving fast.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The miles would certainly make or break that route, but from the clips they showed it all looked suburban rather than rural. My guess is way less than 80 miles.
They simply don't get the thousands of small efficiencies that ups drivers learn to save time that have nothing to do with driving fast.

I agree, just wondering how things compare. Could someone eventually become efficient enough to make it work for them? Or would most people quit before that happens?