amazon has gone BASIC!!!

I

ironylife

remember the packaging tie...it was specially made for 1 or 2 cds and the back of it was open. Sometines the flap came undone causing the cd to fall out and other times it got cracked. I ordered a shortwave radio and a book from them and that stuff was surrounded with those air pillows, so I know they do wrap some stuff properly...but those damn cds are a different story

B

bwatts

What I don't understand is that when I am delivering my basics to our post office the FDX AIR driver shows up to deliver some too. I mean really, why overnight it? It still takes the postal service another 4-6 days to deliver it.

On a lighter note... how many blue bag bar codes do you have to manually type in due to smearing?

W

wily_old_vet

BWatts-A bunch. I still haven't seen any BASIC from Amazon but did have a couple of Checks Direct today.

W

wornoutupser

I have a question for the BASIC packages going to the USPS.
What is the weight limit? I have seen 4 and 5 pound pkgs this week going to the PO.
I thought the limit was 2 pounds. Am I wrong?

T

tieguy

Anyone on here work out of Lexington Ky. Everything I see tells me Amazon in Lexington is knocking our socks off with new volume?

W

wkmac

I ordered some CD's from Amazon a few months ago with part of the order coming directly from Amazon and the rest from several independent vendors who contract with Amazon to drop ship. In all cases they came via USPS and I hate to say it but the turn around from order placed to receipt was very impressive and the meter price on the package looked good to. We better not overlook these guys and focus solely on FDX and DHL.

L

lkjh

Everything I see tells me Amazon in Lexington is knocking our socks off with new volume?

Its interesting you mention Lexington KY. All three of my packages were from Lexington KY.

I dont know why they shipped them in three different packages. Actually, I think they sent emails that they shipped a partial order Thurs am, another partial Thurs pm, then the rest Fri am. They all showed up yesterday though. Everything had Airborne Express labels and the Shipping field in the receipt said DHL Ground.

I suppose they could have arrived via USPS, but saw the DHL van cruising down the street before they arrived. Didnt actually see who physically delivered them though.

M

moreluck

Bobby Darin came to my house yesterday....sadly, the post office brought him.......from Amazon.

U

ups79

moreluck: was Bobby singing "What's cooking?", "Heard any other good ones?", or "Good quotes"?

U

ups79

moreluck: was Bobby singing "What's cooking?", "Heard any other good ones?", or "Good quotes"?

I

infonotice

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but this past week I saw a big jump in volume from Amazon.com. Most were Air savers coming from there distobution centers in New Castle, DE , Lexington KY, and somewhere in Kansas, maybe or sales reps went in there and beat Fedex on price?

U

ups_gal_710

Lets just hope that our sales reps can get Best Buy back.... Fedx has them now...