Amazon to deliver for other companies?

How Now Brown Cow

I've always said I didn't have to worry about Amazon delivering stuff until they started delivering stuff for other people. This is the first time I've seen it mentioned by other people.

Amazon Likely To Offer Consumers a Standalone Alternative to UPS and FedEx - View from the Wing

We all know they do a pretty crappy job and they should be paying their employees more, but if they bring a cheaper option for people, it's only going to take away business from us. I can only hope that my 14 years with the company is enough so I can finish riding it out until retirement.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I've always said I didn't have to worry about Amazon delivering stuff until they started delivering stuff for other people. This is the first time I've seen it mentioned by other people.

Amazon Likely To Offer Consumers a Standalone Alternative to UPS and FedEx - View from the Wing

We all know they do a pretty crappy job and they should be paying their employees more, but if they bring a cheaper option for people, it's only going to take away business from us. I can only hope that my 14 years with the company is enough so I can finish riding it out until retirement.

You get what you pay for
If they aren’t capable of delivering their own volume what makes you think consignees will tolerate their subpar service?

UnionGuy

I'll apply to work for them and start sabotaging everything. I'll spread the word to Unionize there. Cause a ruckus and make the amazon workers revolt. Hit Amazon where it hurts.

I’m so sick of hearing about amazon
giphy (32).gif

How Now Brown Cow

You get what you pay for
If they aren’t capable of delivering their own volume what makes you think consignees will tolerate their subpar service?

When they know they're not shipping out necessities and have to offer free shipping to compete, you think companies are going to pay extra for top of the line delivery service? Seems like they will do just about anything to save a buck.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Those guys are gonna eat our lunch eventually, we probably have a few years before it happens though.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I've heard they are trying to cherry pick easy freight from customers who already sell on their platform.

UPS is probably loving this. They can get rid of low margin accounts throughout the year and then gouge the crap out of those companies and Amazon during peak season. Make the same amount of profit while moving fewer packages.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Leta face it eventually Amazon will figure out what they're doing. Not because they're smarter or any good at what they're doing but because they have an unlimited wallet to throw at it. This is why we need to just hurry up and put FedEx under so we dont have to worry about it. They're ripe for the picking.

Bob11B

They will fail

Attachments

• BDC99934-974F-424C-94BD-62E682757B53.jpeg
    BDC99934-974F-424C-94BD-62E682757B53.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 2C91141A-4E3F-4504-B53C-ED05684EC227.jpeg
    2C91141A-4E3F-4504-B53C-ED05684EC227.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 221

Air Recovery

Just like when you get some electronic toy that has the batteries in it.
Where is they sound coming from??
I was at the post office the other day and every :censored2:ing target box was talking to me. A few of them were giggling. It was the trippiest :censored2: - i was glad it was daylight and a few usps workers were around. If it was at night i wouldve been pretty creeped out