Amazon

purplesky

So where does Walmart fit into this delivery picture? I thought Walmart was also going to start a delivery service to rival Amazons?

Are we talking about the same day delivery service idea or an actual delivery service that will replace UPS and FDX?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You and those "liking" your post sound defeated. Haven't you heard of the ongoing mission to organize? Are all of you laying down before the fight even started?
You're more than obsessed with any organization going on with Express, aren't you?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You and those "liking" your post sound defeated. Haven't you heard of the ongoing mission to organize? Are all of you laying down before the fight even started?
I can't argue with that, Sam. Yes, I know we're defeated. I have no delusions that even the slightest possibility exists of Express ever organizing - too few Express employees who seem to care enough (I think those of us who do are the ones posting on this forum) and I'm too old and have too short a time left to even have any sort of fight left in me at all anymore... I'm also under no delusion that any of my actions at work are going to "hurt" Fred or FedEx in any tangible way, Yes, Fred wins and I'm simply serving out the remainder of my sentence doing the absolute bare minimum and nothing more. Just looking forward to the day not so far down the road now when I can finally put this whole ridiculous circus-from-hell behind me.

Yes, it was I and I alone who was naive enough to believe all that pie-in-the-sky crap so many years ago. I took the entire bait, hook line and sinker and this is where I am today...very little to show for my gullible loyalty and dedication other than some very bitter feelings towards a company that I used to love. In the end I have no one to blame but myself. I do thank Fred for one thing though. He taught me to be completely distrustful of human integrity, sincerity or morality.

Yes, you're 100% correct. We probably do sound defeated, because we in fact are. It sucks, but it is what it is.
As R1A used to say with great frequency - the only thing left for Express employees to do is to organize, quit, or bend over. And thanks to Master Smith shrewdly buying so many pals in Washington, it would be more feasible for us to build a 4 lane highway to the Moon than to organize. So that leaves us with two remaining options.

bbsam

Staff member
You're more than obsessed with any organization going on with Express, aren't you?
No, because it won't happen. I suggested a couple months ago that Express couriers might well be served by joining the fast food strikes that were going on. Looks like Fred threaded that needle too, though. Express couriers may not like the deal they're getting, but it's not bad enough for enough of them to walk and join the ranks of disgruntled McDonalds workers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, because it won't happen. I suggested a couple months ago that Express couriers might well be served by joining the fast food strikes that were going on. Looks like Fred threaded that needle too, though. Express couriers may not like the deal they're getting, but it's not bad enough for enough of them to walk and join the ranks of disgruntled McDonalds workers.

No, that would be your people, whom are in the same pay range as McDonald's workers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I can't argue with that, Sam. Yes, I know we're defeated. I have no delusions that even the slightest possibility exists of Express ever organizing - too few Express employees who seem to care enough (I think those of us who do are the ones posting on this forum) and I'm too old and have too short a time left to even have any sort of fight left in me at all anymore... I'm also under no delusion that any of my actions at work are going to "hurt" Fred or FedEx in any tangible way, Yes, Fred wins and I'm simply serving out the remainder of my sentence doing the absolute bare minimum and nothing more. Just looking forward to the day not so far down the road now when I can finally put this whole ridiculous circus-from-hell behind me.

Yes, it was I and I alone who was naive enough to believe all that pie-in-the-sky crap so many years ago. I took the entire bait, hook line and sinker and this is where I am today...very little to show for my gullible loyalty and dedication other than some very bitter feelings towards a company that I used to love. In the end I have no one to blame but myself. I do thank Fred for one thing though. He taught me to be completely distrustful of human integrity, sincerity or morality.

Yes, you're 100% correct. We probably do sound defeated, because we in fact are. It sucks, but it is what it is.
As R1A used to say with great frequency - the only thing left for Express employees to do is to organize, quit, or bend over. And thanks to Master Smith shrewdly buying so many pals in Washington, it would be more feasible for us to build a 4 lane highway to the Moon than to organize. So that leaves us with two remaining options.

"Hurting" Smith happens a couple of ways IMO. First, WAD definitely hurts them in terms of productivity, and when highly-efficient employees leave (like van), they lose again, because all of the "above and beyond" they always counted on has walked out the door.

I'm also like you in that I "believed" for a long time that my hard work was recognized and appreciated. Obviously, it wasn't, nor was it appreciated from anyone else either. We have always been cogs that delivered packages...box monkeys. Overall, we are defeated for now because Fred has us in a headlock with the RLA and all of his political connections. But I am thinking long-term, well beyond the end of our careers, because it is too late for us as you point-out. The "new generation" of employee really needs to wake-up and see what they aren't getting from a "career" at FedEx. Right now, they're mostly just leaving, but Fred will eventually figure-out that he needs to toss a few bones to stem the turnover bleeding. That's when some might consider staying, and when the Teamsters could make a move. But they probably won't, because Hoffa wants us to lay him a golden carpet straight to the front door of each station. He's worthless as a "champion" of growing IBT membership, and the unions are rapidly dying-out, precisely because of passive non-leadership on the part of wussies like Hoffa. His lack of ambition makes it easier for the Smith's of the corporate world to get their way.

Route 66

yep, I shall continue to WADout my remaining days. Nothing more, nothing less - until that sweet day comes when I too will walk out that door - never to come back through it again. It really is a shame though that they made it the way they have - totally devaluing their employees to the point where very soon all they will be left with are employees of absolutely no value. But evidently they seem to be just fine with that.

Goldilocks

yep, I shall continue to WADout my remaining days. Nothing more, nothing less - until that sweet day comes when I too will walk out that door - never to come back through it again. It really is a shame though that they made it the way they have - totally devaluing their employees to the point where very soon all they will be left with are employees of absolutely no value. But evidently they seem to be just fine with that.

I delivered to a Kinkos the other day and thought to myself, " we are one" We are so much alike now. Remember when we would walk in a stop and customers would respect and loved us. Now we get to a stop and even the customers are not the same. The trust and respect is gone. While some of our Big Wigs in Memphis and some that retired enjoy their fruits, the ones that had blood, sweat and tears(Your Couriers Mr Smith), on their hands continue to work hard with no incentives. No raises, insurance sky high...

bbsam

Staff member

Wouldn't you agree that the problem is not my obsession with the organization of Express but your inability to get more Express couriers to obsess about it?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ah. Super secret meetings going on as we speak. Gotcha.

Do you do it just to taunt us or is there some level of concern for our dim prospects here at Fred's Funhouse? The foreseeable future of FedEx is Ground, which is WalMart on Wheels, a motley collection of un-professionals who dimly understand that it is their duty to remove a box from their truck and place it on someone's doorstep. What used to be a respectable middle-class profession is now the province of minimum-wage serfs who make little tyrants of their masters, the ISP "lords", who serve King Smith's every whim. Glad you're down with the exploitation.

bbsam

Staff member
Either post #51 or #53 is true but not both.

I've said it several times now. It's time for couriers to either stand together or for a sizeable number of them to stand with fast food strikers and get some publicity for the cause. I understand it's easier to come on here and bad mouth Ground, but that's not a strategy that has done you any good.

Or are you down with being exploited?

I heard that Amazon will be setting up their own delivery service within the next year.

They have Amazon Fresh trucks here already....Ive seen them working late at night and ive seen them working Sundays.....
I talked to one of the drivers once and they told me they make a little over $9 dollars a hour.

Its insane how much Amazon ships.....You would think spreading out the deliveries with Amazon Fresh,USPS,OnTrac,UPS,Fedex Ground and Fedex Express would make it not too much Amazon boxes in all our trucks but nope were all still heavy with that stuff...

bbsam

Staff member
They have Amazon Fresh trucks here already....Ive seen them working late at night and ive seen them working Sundays.....
I talked to one of the drivers once and they told me they make a little over $9 dollars a hour.

Its insane how much Amazon ships.....You would think spreading out the deliveries with Amazon Fresh,USPS,OnTrac,UPS,Fedex Ground and Fedex Express would make it not too much Amazon boxes in all our trucks but nope were all still heavy with that stuff...

Well, guys and gals...still ready to jump from Express?

Route 66

a little over 9 bux an hour ...... shazaaaaaam!

(but I think they get like a 30% discount on an annual Prime membership!)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
AND....their workforce is nearly 50% temporary Oct-Jan. Amazon is a WORSE place for employees than FedEx.

I have also read bad things about working for Amazon, unless you're pretty far up the food chain. Sweatshop distribution centers with low pay and lousy working conditions. Sound familiar?