Amazon

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Listening to this whole album. This is the one I used to play in my ride back in the day. Hit hard. Real hard.
07EDB9C5-5B24-4807-A059-69A8E165AC31.png

It seems you know nothing of business and economics.

UPS and FedEx doing what Amazon does? Most existing facilities are run to the max right now. Even existing big retailers like Sears couldn't do what Amazon is doing and they're in the same business. Now Sears is on its way out. UPS and FedEx aren't in retailing and warehousing. Why would that be a fit?

If Amazon wanted, why would it take 2 decades to build a large delivery network? Look what they've done in their 2 decade existence. I don't think it's their intention to ever duplicate a UPS like infrastructure. 90% of what UPS delivers isn't Amazon. Turn that around and what would Amazon be delivering other than Amazon? Would they want to become another general carrier?
We already do what Amazon does in a much smaller capacity with our Professional Services division. Just need to lease more warehouse space invite retailers, drop in some trailers, and eliminate Amazon. We can then suck 15 or 20% fee from every sale the retailers make just as Amazon does and not have to haul it from there facility to ours. Will take some time but it is called Transformation. Not changing our business model just adding to it. If we dont do it we will be transformed out of business.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I got the beats limited edition wireless headphones yesterday. Too Short sounds amazing

Better listen now...those Beats headphones are sold by marketing geniuses. In 6 months they will be in a pile on your coffee table.

I know Apple purchased them so maybe quality has improved, at one point they were an absolute joke.

5Cube4Life

If Amazon really is trying to duplicate UPS or FedEx, they are not doing it right. By subcontracting or franchising their delivery, they are ruining what good image they have. The delivery companies and pvd's are reckless and unorganized. I have seen property damage, vehicle damage and plenty of near misses. Soon, one will hit a kid or person, if not already. They can pass the blame on the subcontractor or pvd, but eventually it will come back on them.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Sears and QVC. Lmao!

Laugh all you want but QVC is a pretty big customer for UPS and their sales are increasing every year, I think over $10 billion and it's all shipped.

We go to one of their distribution centers and during peak they probably put 20+ long boxes into the UPS system daily.

Bob11B

Fill me in. Perhaps Amazon is delivering a chunk of their own stuff now but you guys said "we lost Amazon". Um, no. Our Amazon volume hasn't dropped at all, ever, in my area. Still a good 40% of my load everyday.
Just depends where you are, they just started delivering here about 2 months ago...I went from about 150 Amazon packages a day to 5-15

DOK

Fill me in. Perhaps Amazon is delivering a chunk of their own stuff now but you guys said "we lost Amazon". Um, no. Our Amazon volume hasn't dropped at all, ever, in my area. Still a good 40% of my load everyday.
Just depends where you are, they just started delivering here about 2 months ago...I went from about 150 Amazon packages a day to 5-15

Where’s that, big city or rural?