Amazon

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The opposition was comprised of numerous points of opposition All of which proved very successful at getting their point across to Bezos. At that point in time Bezos was clearly in need of a new public relations firm. The one he had back then failed miserably to put down what was formidable opposition which in the end prevailed.
Opposition to jobs.
Sounds about right for Democrats.
You people want everyone dependent on the government.

bacha29

He's still bummed over the fact that his job performance as package handler was so bad that they had no choice but to send him on his way. They concluded that if he can't even do package handler work he would be totally overwhelmed if given anything more complex and demanding.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He's still bummed over the fact that his job performance as package handler was so bad that they had no choice but to send him on his way. They concluded that if he can't even do package handler work he would be totally overwhelmed if given anything more complex and demanding.
You know, as soon as I posted UPS pay rates I immediately regretted it. I didn't mean to make you guys feel bad about yourselves.

You people are obviously triggered and lashing out. I will pray for you.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
the end result is always that a bunch of millionaires are imported into the community, and the natives and long-term working-class residents are displaced. Within a couple years, one by one, the industrial parks and districts employing skilled blue-collar workers are turned into boutiques, wineries, and tasting rooms.
I know what you mean. Really sucks to have all that money coming into an area, growing the tax base.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I really don’t see how Amazon makes money. My brother just ordered two watch batteries for $1.70 + .14 for tax. Free shipping. And no, he doesn’t have Prime. Imagine how much the whole transaction will cost Amazon to ship those batteries.

vantexan

I really don’t see how Amazon makes money. My brother just ordered two watch batteries for $1.70 + .14 for tax. Free shipping. And no, he doesn’t have Prime. Imagine how much the whole transaction will cost Amazon to ship those batteries.
I thought it had to be a certain amount ordered, like $25, to get free shipping without Prime?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A lot of the stuff we get is shipped via the USPS. Some of it comes in a little 3 x 3 poly pouch. I can't imagine that it costs much to ship something that small and light. Maybe Amazon just eats the cost on something like that, I don't know.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They don't spend much on packaging, I ordered an LP last month from Amazon, it was delivered with the label slapped on the cellophane wrapping for the LP, no packaging whatsoever.
I don’t order vinyl from Amazon for that very reason. A buddy of mine has been burned several times with records shipped with bare bones packaging from them.

542thruNthru

shrek-gingerbread.gif