Amazon

Mutineer

Jobs "promised" and jobs that they are legally required to create are not the same thing. You see, accountability is the issue. Too easy to simply say that business conditions have changed and use that as an excuse to skip out on the deal.
It may not happen exactly like that, but the end result is accurate.
simply say that business conditions have changed and use that as an excuse
Exactly...and the end result is always that a bunch of millionaires are imported into the community, and the natives and long-term working-class residents are displaced. Within a couple years, one by one, the industrial parks and districts employing skilled blue-collar workers are turned into boutiques, wineries, and tasting rooms.

And the "promised jobs" to the community are all part-time, minimum wage, and nowhere upward to go.

EVERY FREAKING TIME!

bacha29

Exactly...and the end result is always that a bunch of millionaires are imported into the community, and the natives and long-term working-class residents are displaced. Within a couple years, one by one, the industrial parks and districts employing skilled blue-collar workers are turned into boutiques, wineries, and tasting rooms.

And the "promised jobs" to the community are all part-time, minimum wage, and nowhere upward to go.

EVERY FREAKING TIME!
Indeed. What DIDO for some reason can't understand is the accuracy of what Tip O'Neil said...."All politics is local". No truer words were ever spoken. The people living in the part of the city targeted by Bezos sent the man a clear message...." While it wasn't easy we got along just fine before you got here and we'll do just fine after you're gone".
Those people were not anti growth. They are receptive to change but in New York fools suffer mightily. And they most definitely will not stand to be cuffed around by or made to get out of the way of some Texas billionaire .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Indeed. What DIDO for some reason can't understand is the accuracy of what Tip O'Neil said...."All politics is local". No truer words were ever spoken. The people living in the part of the city targeted by Bezos sent the man a clear message...." While it wasn't easy we got along just fine before you got here and we'll do just fine after you're gone".
Those people were not anti growth. They are receptive to change but in New York fools suffer mightily. And they most definitely will not stand to be cuffed around by or made to get out of the way of some Texas billionaire .
You need to make up your mind.

You said Amazon pulled out of the deal because they didn't want to be unionized. Are you dizzy from all your spinning?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

EVERY FREAKING TIME!
Progressives.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I'm just not understanding this theory that Amazon secretly doesn't want their company to grow and fill these jobs.
That's not what I'm saying.what I was saying is. Amazon, or any other big company always sells to local governments that they are bringing more high paying jobs to the area. Which in theory isn't a lie. Because they didn't say they'll have to hire x amount of employees for job making 100000 a year plus. They are just saying they are bring high paying jobs. The spots they fill from the area are 99% low paying jobs .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's not what I'm saying.what I was saying is. Amazon, or any other big company always sells to local governments that they are bringing more high paying jobs to the area. Which in theory isn't a lie. Because they didn't say they'll have to hire x amount of employees for job making 100000 a year plus. They are just saying they are bring high paying jobs. The spots they fill from the area are 99% low paying jobs .
Okay.
I don't have any problem with that.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It seems what is always sold and magnified locally, falls way, way short when it materializes.

bacha29

You need to make up your mind.

You said Amazon pulled out of the deal because they didn't want to be unionized. Are you dizzy from all your spinning?
The opposition was comprised of numerous points of opposition All of which proved very successful at getting their point across to Bezos. At that point in time Bezos was clearly in need of a new public relations firm. The one he had back then failed miserably to put down what was formidable opposition which in the end prevailed.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

EVERY FREAKING TIME!
And weed dispensaries

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The opposition was comprised of numerous points of opposition All of which proved very successful at getting their point across to Bezos. At that point in time Bezos was clearly in need of a new public relations firm. The one he had back then failed miserably to put down what was formidable opposition which in the end prevailed.
I’ll bet you kill flies with a shotgun, don’t you!!