Amazon's hourly workers lose monthly bonuses and stock awards as minimum wage increases

Returntosender

Amazon's hourly workers lose monthly bonuses and stock awards as minimum wage increases

The hourly employees lost the Stock Bonus
The Guardian said warehouse workers currently receive one Amazon share (worth $1,959) at the end of every year, on top of another single share reward every five years. Yahoo Newsnoted that warehouse workers can earn up to 8 percent of their monthly income every month, which could be as much as $3,000 a year for some workers. Workers were notified of the change on Wednesday, according to Bloomberg.

Zowert

Amazon employees should unionize. I know that will never happen but it would be in their best interest.

I was talking to a kid delivering packages for Amazon along my route the other day. I told him I used to do the same (and worked out of the same hub as him), he asked me why I left for UPS. I said “Pension.” His response, “What’s that?”

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Amazon employees should unionize. I know that will never happen but it would be in their best interest.

They would have want too.

Organizing is a "tuff nut" to crack.

Without a motivated workforce.... the IBT or Local Union is just spinning their wheels.

And, spending the members dues money on a lost cause.

-Bug-

barnyard

KTM rider

The thing I do not understand is that Amazon can be organized on a site by site basis. Seems the smart play would be to find a warehouse in a pro-union state (a state that is not RTW) and organize 1 of the warehouses. Once that is done, negotiate a contract, then organize others.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The thing I do not understand is that Amazon can be organized on a site by site basis. Seems the smart play would be to find a warehouse in a pro-union state (a state that is not RTW) and organize 1 of the warehouses. Once that is done, negotiate a contract, then organize others.
The wrinkle is that Amazon will claim that all workers actually belong to multiple sub-contractors with a single building. The old shell game.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

I was talking to a kid delivering packages for Amazon along my route the other day. I told him I used to do the same (and worked out of the same hub as him), he asked me why I left for UPS. I said “Pension.” His response, “What’s that?”

New hires are not interested on benefits packages, etc.. is the $$$. They are young to think that one day, they will need a hip replacement or some incentive in life. Only focus on paying their I Phones on time, and have a pair of Jordan or Nike's to flash around.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

And the real moral of the story is that at the least the new part timers that work for Amazon can afford a car.