American Patriot.

El Correcto

god is dead
Malcolm new enough to change his mind on some things. He realized separation of the races was bad. He also believed in self defense.
It’s hard for me to learn about him cause racism and lynching were horrible. You understand where he was coming from and maybe it was right for that day and age. These days not so much, MLK takes the cake.

El Correcto

god is dead
they turned MLK into santa clause
I’ll never join in the dog pile on MLK. He was an important man in American history.
There will always be a bit of bitterness towards the civil rights movement because of the religious aspects and their treatment of gays.
But oh well, it got done eventually.

rickyb

I’ll never join in the dog pile on MLK. He was an important man in American history.
There will always be a bit of bitterness towards the civil rights movement because of the religious aspects and their treatment of gays.
they didnt like gays?

rickyb

He was a threat to the Nation of Islam and white America. An intelligent, articulate black man, is a threat to power. Like Clarence Thomas.
usually when you speak truth to power like malcolm did something bad happens to you whether your misunderstood all the way to crucifixion.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I believe we would be better off if he had lived, especially black people.

UnionStrong

Believe he was good friends with this man and had no hatred of gays.
It was just damaging to their movement to be seen with gays during the day. He probably was a bit homophobic but everyone was back then, especially Christians.
White southern racists hated that guy, they slandered him all the time. That paragon of southern virtue Sen. Strom Thurmond said he was a commie and gay.

El Correcto

god is dead
White southern racists hated that guy, they slandered him all the time. That paragon of southern virtue Strom Thurmond said he was a commie and gay.
I see him more as a pragmatist than anything else. Garnering support from everyone and supporting everyone to further human rights for everyone.

Don’t know about him being a commie, but wouldn’t be surprised. It was a very compelling ideology behind the iron curtain until you see the realities of what it brought.

UnionStrong

I see him more as a pragmatist than anything else. Garnering support from everyone and supporting everyone to further human rights for everyone.

Don’t know about him being a commie, but wouldn’t be surprised. It was a very compelling ideology behind the iron curtain until you see the realities of what it brought.
He wasn’t a commie. And you’re right, that ideology is appealing to downtrodden people.

El Correcto

god is dead
He was killed by a black men. Nation of Islam. Or did you mean MLK?
MLK was shot by a white supremacist with a rifle.
Malcom X was gunned down by the Nation of Islam members, probably a hit by the leadership.

They are two sides of the same coin when it comes to civil rights movement in America, but my school completely ignored malcom for the most part. All you knew was he was an angry black man that supported violence and was killed by blacks. You never really learned exactly why he was so pissed, rightfully so to.

UnionStrong

MLK was shot by a white supremacist with a rifle.
Malcom X was gunned down by the Nation of Islam members, probably a hit by the leadership.

They are two sides of the same coin when it comes to civil rights movement in America, but my school completely ignored malcom for the most part. All you knew was he was an angry black man that supported violence and was killed by blacks. You never really learned exactly why he was so pissed, rightfully so to.
That’s what I thought about Malcolm until I became interested in him after the movie with Denzel, arguably one of the best actors ever, I started reading and watching documentaries on him.

Last edited: