An extremely upset pre-loader

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And why would a mother want their child to work in such a widely known, abusive atmosphere if they know they can't handle it? You have to be mentally strong to put up with it.
To toughen them up maybe? Or maybe the mother wasn't thrilled about it but the kid claimed to really want a chance at the job?

J

jibbs

I wouldn't be able to work immediately after a panic attack either. They don't happen often to me, but when they do it's pretty much a day-ruiner.

Stress at UPS is insane. It's almost like we're all paid to be constantly overwhelmed with cardboard on the clock.

You gotta find a way to separate the workplace from the source of your anxiety. If social situations are your problem, :censored2:, man, you don't have to talk to anybody while you're inside.

If it's a confidence issue, you've got to build your self-confidence in the workplace up slowly and surely. The best way to accomplish that is through repetition, by showing up to work everyday and putting forth your best effort. I guarantee if you show up and work to the best of your abilities every single day, eventually you're going to find that your best is always becoming a little bit better than the day before.

UPSGUY72

I have been working at UPS for a little over two months. I have worked 2 peak seasons previously so I am not new to loading cars, splitting, etc. I was hired before a certain day in october so I am now a 'permanent' employee. Or so they say.
Long story short, my mother works in the same building as me. When I started, things were kind of rocky. I was injured the 2nd day on the job (fell through a platform behind a truck) & They would send me home because there wasn't any/enough work or seniority sent me home. A little while into working, they changed my station to loading a trailer and 3 cars by myself. I have severe anxiety. And upon coming into work, I had anxiety attacks for 2 days. I cant control when these happen. I can only calm them down. So when this happened, of course my supervisor went to my mom and asked why I dont want to work, said I was too emotional, etc. Which is not the case whatsoever. Then my supervisor didnt want to work me so I was sent to a new belt.
And today I asked to go home, because I am extremely sick. I had a 104 fever, body aches, ect. at 11:30pm when my s/o came home from work. Start time was at 2am, and when i tried to call in no one answered. So the only logical thing to do was tell my supervisor I was sick and see if anyone could cover me. They ended up finding someone and sending me home, but they are going to my mother and saying that I dont want to work. I am extremely upset at whats going on and really dont know what to do at this point. please help.

Just like any other job working at UPS isn't met for everyone. Some people just don't have what it takes. You appear to be working at UPS to keep your Mom happy and not because you really want to work. Or maybe you really want to work at UPS it just that you don't like to actually do any work.

You have 2 options

1. Man up and tell your mom that UPS isn't for you.
or
2. Become a productive member of society and stop making excuses to why things always seem to happen to you and not your fellow employees.

box_beeyotch

Better suck it up buttercup, it only gets worse. If you have anxiety that bad, quit asap. Or stop making excuses and produce. You're no different than anyone else whose done the work in the past.

Future

Victory Ride
Really...you have another $33/hr job
available?
A "Great Company" has to go beyond paying there employees a FAIR hourly wage. Genuine concern and care for there customers and employees would be a intricate part of a "Great Company".....by no means breeding hatred and distrust against the company can make said company "Great"........1 small example of where UPS fails to be a Great company........

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In my center, there are 2 drivers and 1 feeder driver who has a son working with us.
I see nothing but respect given to them because their fathers works here and they give that respect back.
I don't think their parents would even OK them to work here if it was really that bad plus the young guys know they have to work harder then everyone else.

This is why the OP has to understand Mom working there puts him/her in a different spotlight than everyone else.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A "Great Company" has to go beyond paying there employees a FAIR hourly wage. Genuine concern and care for there customers and employees would be a intricate part of a "Great Company".....by no means breeding hatred and distrust against the company can make said company "Great"........1 small example of where UPS fails to be a Great company........
I have no expectation of UPS caring about me in any way. shape or form. Hence I'm not disappointed when they prove me right.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Would you take a paycut to be treated better by management? I sure as hell wouldnt!

Future

Victory Ride
Really...you have another $33/hr job
available?
To be considered a "Great" company there is a large criteria which needs to be met. Monetary and benefit compensation is only one, absolutely UPS rewards its Full time employees with a FAIR pkg.....There are several categories in which UPS fails horribly in becoming considered a "Great" company.......divorce rate(mgt/hourly)......comp claims....substance abuse...overall employee job satisfaction.....customer satisfaction.....and thats just a shortened list.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To be considered a "Great" company there is a large criteria which needs to be met. Monetary and benefit compensation is only one, absolutely UPS rewards its Full time employees with a FAIR pkg.....There are several categories in which UPS fails horribly in becoming considered a "Great" company.......divorce rate(mgt/hourly)......comp claims....substance abuse...overall employee job satisfaction.....customer satisfaction.....and thats just a shortened list.
I never said UPS was a great company...the OP did. But when you walk into the building...there's an "Exit" sign above the door. If you aren't happy....you can walk out as quickly as you walked in....and go find a great company to work for.

Future

Victory Ride
:dance::dance:
I never said UPS was a great company...the OP did. But when you walk into the building...there's an "Exit" sign above the door. If you aren't happy....you can walk out as quickly as you walked in....and go find a great company to work for.
Now that sounds like a sup line 101.... I was trying to explain to the OP that there are many magazines(forbes, etc) that rate companys as "Great"....there is many categories that a company must meet ....UPS falls short on most of them.....and I cant leave ....I am a pillar of my institution lol..........does all this mean you are not sending me Christmas cookies

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
:dance::dance:
Now that sounds like a sup line 101.... I was trying to explain to the OP that there are many magazines(forbes, etc) that rate companys as "Great"....there is many categories that a company must meet ....UPS falls short on most of them.....and I cant leave ....I am a pillar of my institution lol..........does all this mean you are not sending me Christmas cookies
Cookies...sure. They'll be shaped like tampons just for you...lol